Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

d/l BitLord, d/l video, how do I open file?

• Please log in to reply

cwyan

cwyan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't know anything about BitLord, except that I need it to download a file I want from miniNova.

(1) After installing BitLord, I have downloaded 100% of my desired file. The program still says that a "Torrent Exists!" when I open BitLord. What does this mean?

(2) I can't open my video file -- I don't even know what kind of application I need to open it, or if I have to open it from BitLord. What do I do?

(3) Additionally, some crappy WhenUSave application continues to reinstall itself, even though I've deleted it from my add/delete programs list.

Help!! I can't figure out what horrible application I've put on my computer, or how to use it!

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Do not use that program any more than you have to, it is a malware risk.

The files that you have downloaded should be where you installed BitLord under a folder that is called downloads, they should open with what ever program that is install that handles that type of file.

Hope this helps, and get rid of that program!

cwyan

cwyan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, Michael.

I finally got my file to open, and I suppose now I ought to remove the program. What about BitTorrent? Is that also a malware risk?

Christina

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

Everybody has a favorite BT client and I highly recommend the free open source client named Azureus. You can check it out and download it at:
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks, Michael.

I finally got my file to open, and I suppose now I ought to remove the program.  What about BitTorrent?  Is that also a malware risk?

Christina

View Post