Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Picture Slideshow with Music

• Please log in to reply

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Hey Guys,

Im wondering if anyone out there knows of any programs i can get - free/purchase, that will allow me to upload many photos - over 500 and then sync in music and put it on a DVD so i could possibly watch it on a TV???

Has anyone ever done similar with Windows Movie Magic?

Hemal

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

There are a couple of good free options. First, if you are using Windows XP, you can check the free (and quite feature packed) Photo Story 3. You can check it out and download it at:
http://www.microsoft...ry/default.mspx

There is also a free, open-source program, but I don't have the name of the program here with me and can post it when I am home this weekend.

But, the MS Photo Story seems like a pretty decent program and should be able to handle the large number of photos, many different transitions, easy importation of music and can even add narration.

Hope that helps,
Tom

Hey Guys,

Im wondering if anyone out there knows of any programs i can get - free/purchase, that will allow me to upload many photos - over 500 and then sync in music and put it on a DVD so i could possibly watch it on a TV???

Has anyone ever done similar with Windows Movie Magic?

Hemal

View Post

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

I found the freeware program that I was thinking of called "Slideshow Movie Maker" and is a freeware (but not open-source) program that can export the slideshow in AVI format. Thus, you would need some sort of DVD creation program to take the AVI to mpeg2 format. You can check it out at:
http://www.joern-thi.../ssmm/index.htm

Cheers,
Tom

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Thanks man,

Very much appritiated on the help- will prolly give them both a try!

Hemal