Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Event Error

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
will post this error i got in the even viewer on our DNS. This even is getting recorded hundreds of times a day. My question is, how can i find out what process and what computer is causing this error.

Microsoft only says "you must analyze the data"... great, and there is more info i found which suggests a virus, but that is not the case. (that is from http://www.monitorwa...etails_id=5443).

Any help to find the cause of this would be great.... here is the errro:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SAM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 12294
Date: 8/30/2005
Time: 4:18:40 PM
User: localdomain/Administrator
Computer: FL
The SAM database was unable to lockout the account of Administrator due to a resource error, such as a hard disk write failure (the specific error code is in the error data) . Accounts are locked after a certain number of bad passwords are provided so please consider resetting the password of the account mentioned above.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
0000: a5 02 00 c0 ¥..À

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Try the solutions on the following page: