Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cleanup40

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jbmur

jbmur

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I downloaded cleanup40 onto my HP laptop running WindowsXP. I ran the search and at the end I got a notice that some Windows files were missing or relabeled and to load my service software which I did not get with the computer. I could not close this window so shut down and rebooted. Now the start menu at the bottom left is gone. There are no icons but small boxes which show what they are when the cursor is placed over them. When trying to dial up I now get a modem in use or not functioning warning. I can get to the control panel through MY Computer but it wont open the modem window. What happened here? Do I need to reinstall XP and if it didnt come with the laptop { new last January) how do I do this? Thanks for the help.

Advertisements

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Already being helped by Trevuren in other topic.

Please continue in that topic only

Edited by tampabelle, 31 August 2005 - 04:46 PM.