Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:45 PM
Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:47 PM
My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your log.
1. If you haven't logged in go to Geeks to Go and do so. Then proceed to item a.
If you already have logged in, go directly to item a.
- Click on My Controls at the top right hand corner of the window.
- In the left hand column, click "View Topics"
- If you click on the title of your post, you will be taken there
.Where it says "unsubscribe" click the pull-down menu and select "immediate email notification"
3. Please DELETE your current HJT program from its present location.
4. Download and run the following HijackThis autoinstall program from Here HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!
- Run HijackThis
- Click SCAN and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')
- POST the log into this thread using 'Add Reply' (Ctrl-V to 'paste')
DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER
Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:10 AM
I've just sent my log to you. I posted 2 questions yesterday. One pertaining to my desktop with Win 98 and the Winfix propblem and one for my laptop with XP and its major problem. The HJT log I sent you today was from my Win 98 system. I cannot send the log from my laptop as I cannot even get the modem to work. It wont even let me access the modem troubleshooter. Could you please tread my other post and let me know what to do about this major problem. Thanks much and I'll be sure to donate to the cause.
Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:29 AM
Please post the log for your 98 system and we will work on it.
Edited by Trevuren, 01 September 2005 - 10:31 AM.
Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:15 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users