Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

google earth/ norton firewall

• Please log in to reply

chimpyboy

chimpyboy

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Here's a good one to chew on.

Trying to download google earth (the free one).

My system is compatible, so I download it, but it says it can't connect. So per google's help instructions, I configure my Norton Firewall and pop up blockers to make sure they're not blocking it, and I pinged the google site...everything was set up to work fine. But it still says it can't connect.

So I decided to uninstall and start over. But when I went to re-download the program from google, they tell me that they can't download it becuase they have detected that I have a virus or spyware (of course, they can't tell me what it is). My norton AV is up to date, and a scan was done as recently as 8-15....and I ran adaware and spybot: nothing popped up except some cookies.

is it me? Or does this program just have a bug up it's butt?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Could be the latter. You might do an on line virus scan such as www.trendmicro.com housecall just to make sure Norton didn't miss something.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
:) I had that with google earth on my pc.

Try reinstalling google earth and leave the internet on.

At the end of the installation click send details or something.

It should work now.

If you cant download it because of the virus, try downloading microsoft antispyware beta 1. Its free and it nukes all adware and spyware. Also ad-aware is a good 1 too! :tazz:

jeff1234

jeff1234

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
If you want to do an online scan, you can also go to www.valleysurf.net . On the right side of the web site click on virus scan. Download the active x, scan, and see if it finds anything.

Good luck.