Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registration name incorrect in XP

• Please log in to reply

Glenn McClure

Glenn McClure

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I recently had repairs done to my Xp system following a severe crash. The folks did a great job on the repairs, but they actually input my name wrong on the start up and all of the Windows prorgams. Is this a big deal to fix?
Thx

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then control panel, click user accounts, change an account, click your account, click change my name

mpy

mpy

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
You can't change the folder name "C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]" unless you do a full re-install.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

I recently had repairs done to my Xp system following a severe crash.  The folks did a great job on the repairs, but they actually input my name wrong on the start up and all of the Windows prorgams.  Is this a big deal to fix?
Thx

View Post

No its not a big deal really, but if you did want to change your name for your login, please follow Keith's instructions.

I do know how you feel with taking your computer in to be fixed and they do other things other then what you told them to do or they do things incorrectly.