Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Need help analyzing HiJackthis logfile

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Okay, then I will disagree with you again and so we can continue forever...

I'm sorry but I don't understand this continuation of nothing that won't lead anywhere, that doesn't make sense and that reminds me more of the kindergarden I went to a long time ago. We should all be beyond that.

If you do not agree with me then that's fine but I am getting irritated when someone is trying to harass me in that way that you do now and telling me what to do is what I'd call harrassment! I perfectly clearly said before what I meant and I also said perfectly clearly what I think makes sense.

Now, I maybe do that MY way but not your way but that is the way I prefer and think it is the best way. You are not my mother nor are you my teacher that has to enroll me in free community work and to criticize me with mathematical calculations for doing so!

If I want that, then I do that but I'll do it on my own FREE will and it will come from myself if it comes at all. NOT because you tell me to do this or that. I think it is rather rude to suggest things like those and to imply in an indirect way that I'm not doing anything but getting help whereas you are using a lot of commitment and free time and work on helping others.

I don't have anything to hide nor do I have a bad conscience if that's what you are after. I don't because I have - as mentioned before - the opportunity to work a lot of problems out on my own and some very few times when I get stuck with a bit of help here and there.

Whenever I solve a problem by the help of others like on this forum I put back at least twice as much into especially helping friends but also helping people on forums like this one with similar problems. In fact, you don't have any idea how much I have helped people by sitting up late on MANY nights from installing Windows to removing virii and making internet-connections work etc. etc. etc.

All that while even being sick for many years! I however do not get frustrated when somebody tells me that they got a solution worked out elsewhere but take it as a man and maybe even ask them for the solution they found so I can add that knowledge to my knowledge and use it the next time again to become better at helping both myself and others.

To tell you the honest truth, the things that you told me to remove with HiJackthis are almost ALL important to me! I AM a graphic-designer (professionally!) and DO need the Adobe calibration settings. Why should I remove the Wsr.exe file or the folder with the CMTech Player which I need in order to upload files to and from whenever I use the my Mp3-player ('cause that's what it is!!). Why should I remove the jusched.exe if it isn't giving me any problems but helps me having my webpages that I design shown with the latest and best java-version I need???

I turned to this forum because I needed help with five specific files and a report of change in AVG. JUST five files, nothing more and nothing less. I turned to the other forum with the exact problem. Exactly! And to tell you the truth, not only did I get a qualified answer and the problem pinpointed (plus a perfect solution) but I also managed to get a feeling of safety and that my computer was in good hands. When I saw the changes you suggested I got scared after checking for some of them like internat.exe on the net which is VITAL for the stability of Windows and designed to make international and language settings work. If you would type "what is internat.exe" in google you would be able to know that for yourself.

Maybe, it was more due to the fact that I didn't really feel that your answers were qualified and I am not talking about the other one's before but yours and I didn't want to hurt you by telling you that fact. Now, I will as I had a bad day already today and you just made it perfect by irritating me more so here it is.

After that even the most sugar-sweet "but have a Merry Christmas anyway" won't make the irritation less when it is followed by an annoying "your answer or similar are frustrating"...!

But Merry Christmas anyway..., if it's still possible. Close the thread and let this rest. It will be better before we all get more hyped up and more days are ruined. If I was a customer and came for help to your shop, you wouldn't have anybody shopping there anymore in a short while if you gave them the treatment and implied those things as you did with me. This made me really angry.

If you don't think it is worth helping people or can't take things as they are then maybe it's time for you to stop and concentrate on your job instead of trying to give others a bad conscience.

Rest assured that I will continue to get help on forums and to help others despite your little comment and that I'll do it MY way with the knowledge I collect where ever I possibly can and that I will continue to pass that on in the future.

Here I will strongly disagree! We're getting an average of about 40 new topics per day, with about 200 replies, about half of those by staff members. I'm guessing and average reply takes about 10 minutes (some more, some less). Do the math 200 posts at 10 minutes each equals 2,000 minutes or about 33 hours per day required to answer posts on this forum (and we're a small site). Multiply that by all forums offering free help. This time is all donated by the people with real jobs, families and lives. When was the last time you donated several hours per week, nevertheless per day to help others?

Hijack This logs in particular are getting more difficult to analyze, repairs are taking longer, an new infections are appearing every week. It takes a huge commitment to keep up with the latest techniques and infections, while still having time to help others. This site and others are training new helpers all the time, but there's a high dropout and burnout factor. There are a very limited number of helpers available, and many help on multiple sites. When you post the same problem on multiple sites you are only further straining this resource that's already stretched too thin.

If time isn't a concern for you, we could sure use the extra help:

View Post

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,490 posts
I'm glad you were able to find a solution. There's qualified help available elsewhere. It would have been courteous to let us know so that we could mark the topic resolved, and not spend valuable time working on it.

Close the thread and let this rest.

As requested.

If I was a customer and came for help to your shop, you wouldn't have anybody shopping there anymore in a short while if you gave them the treatment and implied those things as you did with me.

Site Stats (November)

If you want to put your money where you mouth is -- this opportunity is always open:
If you would like to join Geek U post here, learn to help others

Merry Christmas! :tazz: