Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstalling Microsoft Office 2003

• Please log in to reply

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I know that for Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook), it is possible to install the software only on two machines: a desktop and a laptop; not sure about other editions/version.

But what would happen if someone needed to clean out their computer completely and reinstall the operating system, therefore losing all installed programs? Would they be able to reinstall MS office from the same CD and product key they used the first time, since it would be the same machine as before?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

The EULA for Microsoft Office allows the owner to install Office on a desktop and a laptop (they MUST have exclusive use to the laptop) at the same time..

If you stay within these parameters, then you would be legal when doing a re-format and re-install.. You may need to call Microsoft to explain what happened and get it activated!!

Murray

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
well,

just call up microsoft office ,
and tell them your issue

and they will give you a new key.

keep in mind they need the old key to do it.

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Thanks for the info. I have not yet had the need to reinstall Office on my machine(s) (thankfully), but wanted to make sure, just in case, if it could be done from the same CD.