Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hacktool.Rootkit virus [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Monkeyvsrobot13

Monkeyvsrobot13

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have spent the past day reading forums and downloading anti-viral/malware programs and have not been able to remove this virus. I am not sure what the source of the virus was but it started off with a lot of popups that my Norton Antivirus soon stopped. The result is a Norton notification that won't go away. The notification says the following:

Threat: Hacktool.Rootkit
File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\orans.sys

I have tried to find the folder both in normal and safe modes to no avail (even after I have allowed all files to be seen). I have no idea how I am going to get ride of this thing if I can't find it. Here is a copy of my Hijackthis readout:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:00:13 PM, on 8/31/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.begin2sea...sidesearch.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://login.passpor...ilogin.srf?id=2
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = socks=127.0.0.1:1080
O2 - BHO: WinStat - {0BAE99AF-A9F7-4f7e-9C72-2C1CC81BE0FF} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WinStat13.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: BHO Class - {CBEFB350-ED5B-4115-B846-C1041676B388} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CustIE32.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mouse Suite 98 Daemon] ICO.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HKSERV.EXE] C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Recovery] C:\Windows\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nptr] C:\WINDOWS\System32\nptr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [kfzu] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\kfzu\kfzum.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 8.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.neededware.com
O16 - DPF: NDWCab - http://www.neededware.com/ndw4.cab
O16 - DPF: {072D3F2E-5FB6-11D3-B461-00C04FA35A21} (CFForm Runtime) - http://www.medschool...sses/CFJava.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://bin.mcafee.co...84/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0_03) -
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://bin.mcafee.co...,21/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0_03) -
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NavLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: netinfo - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\netinfo.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONYSH~1\AVLib\Sptisrv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

What should I get rid of? I would GREATLY appreciate any help.

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello MonkeyvRobot and welcome to Geeks to Go

As an introduction, please note that I am not Superhuman, I do not know everything, but what I do know has taken me years to learn. I am happy to pass on this information to you, but please bear in mind that I am also fallible.

Please note that you should have Administrator rights to perform the fixes. Also note that multiple identity PC’s (family PC’s) present a different problem; please tell me if your PC has more than one individual’s setting.

Before we get underway, you may wish to print these instructions for easy reference during the fix, although please be aware that many of the required URLs are hyperlinks in the red names shown on your screen. Part of the fix may require you to be in Safe Mode, which will not allow you to access the internet, or my instructions!

You have quite a mixture of malware and Trojans that need to be eradicated. Let’s see what we can do with the first sweep. If you read the message from Norton again, you’ll see that the file is locked away in quarantine and therefore not taking any active part. If you empty or delete all the quarantined files, that should get rid of it totally.

To start please download the following programmes, we will run them later. Please save them to a place that you will remember, I suggest the Desktop:

Killbox by Option^Explicit
CCleaner
Ewido Security Suite
Ad-Aware

Right click on this link Del 015 Domains.inf and choose Save (link) As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards

Install Ad-Aware and launch it.

Reconfigure Ad-Aware for Full Scan:

Launch the program, and click on the Gear at the top of the start screen.

Click the 'Scanning' button.
Under Drives, Folders and Files, select 'Scan within Archives'.
Click 'Click here to select Drives + folders' and select your installed hard drives.

Under Memory & Registry, select all options.
Click the 'Advanced' button.
Under 'Log-file detail level', select all options.
Click the 'Tweaks' button.

Under 'Scanning Engine', select the following:
'Unload recognized processes during scanning.'
Under 'Cleaning Engine', select the following:
'Let Windows remove files in use after reboot.'
Click on 'Proceed' to save these Preferences.

Run the Ad-Aware scan and allow it to remove everything it finds and then REBOOT to allow it to finish.

Install Ewido Security Suite.
  • Install Ewido security suite
  • When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
    • Install background guard
    • Install scan via context menu
    • You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.
    • On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
    • Then click on Start Update.
  • The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
    (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido.
Ewido manual updates
Do NOT run a scan yet.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

For additional help in booting into Safe Mode, see the following site:

Safe Mode

Launch Ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
  • The programme will now open to the main screen.
  • When you run Ewido for the first time, you will get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
Now that the updates have been installed do the following:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • NOTE: During some scans with Ewido it is finding cases of false positives.
    • You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
    • If Ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
    • DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
    • If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
  • Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report.
  • Save the report .txt file to your desktop and include it in your reply.
Now close Ewido security suite.

Please re-open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.begin2sea...sidesearch.html
O2 - BHO: WinStat - {0BAE99AF-A9F7-4f7e-9C72-2C1CC81BE0FF} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WinStat13.dll
O2 - BHO: BHO Class - {CBEFB350-ED5B-4115-B846-C1041676B388} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CustIE32.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [kfzu] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\kfzu\kfzum.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.neededware.com
O16 - DPF: NDWCab - http://www.neededware.com/ndw4.cab
O23 - Service: netinfo - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\netinfo.exe

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked.

Please install Killbox by Option^Explicit.

*Extract the programme to your desktop and double-click on its folder, then double-click on Killbox.exe to start the programme.
*In the Killbox programme, select the Delete on Reboot option.
*Copy the file names below to the clipboard by highlighting them and pressing Control-C:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\WinStat13.dll
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\kfzu\kfzum.exe
C:\WINDOWS\netinfo.exe

*Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".

*Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click "Yes" at the reboot now prompt..

If you receive a message such as: "Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when trying to run TheKillbox, click download and run missingfilesetup.exe. Then try TheKillbox again.

There is almost certainly bound to be some junk (leftover bits and pieces) on your system that is doing nothing but taking up space. I would recommend that you run CCleaner. Install it, update it, check the default setting in the left-hand pane, Analyze, Run Cleaner. You may be fairly surprised by how much it finds. Also click Issues then Scan for issues – fix selected issues

Post back a fresh HijackThis log and I will take another look.

Monkeyvsrobot13

Monkeyvsrobot13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey Crusty!

Thanks for the help. The popups have stopped! Everything seems to be in order again. Here is my Hijackthis read out:

Scan saved at 1:32:34 PM, on 9/1/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://login.passpor...ilogin.srf?id=2
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = socks=127.0.0.1:1080
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 8.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O16 - DPF: {072D3F2E-5FB6-11D3-B461-00C04FA35A21} (CFForm Runtime) - http://www.medschool...sses/CFJava.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://bin.mcafee.co...84/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0_03) -
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://bin.mcafee.co...,21/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0_03) -
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONYSH~1\AVLib\Sptisrv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Thanks again!!

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Congratulations! your new log is clean. :tazz: Just a little bit more to do to prevent further infection.

I recommend going to the following link and update as recommended by Microsoft. This adds more security and extra features including a pop-up blocker for Internet Explorer. Microsoft Update

Now that everything is fixed, I suggest that you consider getting these programmes to help keep the computer clean:

SPYWARE BLASTER - Blocks bad ActiveX items from installing on your computer.
AD-AWARE PERSONAL – A fine free malware detector and removal programme
SPYBOT S&D – Excellent free spyware detector and removal programme
GOOGLE TOOLBAR - Blocks many unwanted pop-ups in Internet Explorer.
FIREFOX - Safer alternative to the Internet Explorer web browser.
AVG ANTIVIRUS FREE EDITION - Free antivirus programme if you currently are not using one.
ZONEALARM - Free firewall programme if you currently are not using one (Windows XP has a built-in firewall).

Remember to update these frequently.

Please note that whilst there is nothing wrong in having more than one antispyware programmes for “on demand” scanning, having two or more antivirus systems is not recommended as they may well interfere with each other.

You may also want to read "How did I get infected in the first place" to learn how to better secure your computer.

Be sure to keep your Windows, antispyware and antivirus updated. :)

Happy safe surfing!

Monkeyvsrobot13

Monkeyvsrobot13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Crusty,

The Hacktool.Rootkit came back! I think it must be floating around my network because I can't think of anything other reason my computer came in contact with this virus again. I would really appreciate it if you could just check out my Hijackthis log and let me know if there is anything fishy. I tried duplicating your ealier instructions but was unable to remove the virus this time. Here is my a new Hijackthis log:

Scan saved at 11:57:30 PM, on 9/5/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ICO.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKWnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: wordpad - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\wordpad.exe

Thanks again.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
You enjoyed yourself so much last time that I bet you couldn't wait to get back :tazz:

These RootKits are awful.

Let's start by looking here.

Would you please be kind enough to run HJT and produce a different log?

*Open HijackThis.
*Click on "Open Misc Tools Section"
*Make sure that both boxes beside "Generate StartupList Log" are checked:

List all minor sections(Full)

and

List Empty Sections(Complete)

Click "Generate StartupList Log".
Click "Yes" at the prompt

It will produce a NotePad Page. Please copy the entire contents of that page and paste it here.

Monkeyvsrobot13

Monkeyvsrobot13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I just can't get enough of these rootkit viruses! Thanks for your help. Here is the new Hijackthis log that you requested (it is very long):

StartupList report, 9/6/2005, 3:52:29 PM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
* Using default options
* Including empty and uninteresting sections
* Showing rarely important sections
==================================================

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ICO.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKWnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Morrison\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
*No files*

Shell folders AltStartup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders Startup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders AltStartup:
*Folder not found*

Shell folders Common Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

Shell folders Common AltStartup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders Common Startup:
*Folder not found*

User shell folders Alternate Common Startup:
*Folder not found*

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
*Registry key not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
*Registry value not found*

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
*Registry key not found*

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

CARPService = carpserv.exe
Apoint = C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
ATIModeChange = Ati2mdxx.exe
Mouse Suite 98 Daemon = ICO.EXE
ezShieldProtector for Px = C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
HKSERV.EXE = C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
VAIO Recovery = C:\Windows\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
vptray = C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

ctfmon.exe = C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

*Registry key not found*

Autorun entries in Registry subkeys of:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

[OptionalComponents]
*No values found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
*No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
*No subkeys found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
*No subkeys found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
*Registry key not found*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run
*Registry key not found*

File association entry for .EXE:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .COM:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .BAT:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .PIF:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" %*

File association entry for .SCR:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = "%1" /S

File association entry for .HTA:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\shell\open\command

(Default) = C:\WINDOWS\System32\mshta.exe "%1" %*

File association entry for .TXT:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command

(Default) = %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1

Enumerating Active Setup stub paths:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
(* = disabled by HKCU twin)

[>{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95}] *
StubPath = C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe /HideWMP

[>{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}] *
StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigIE

[>{60B49E34-C7CC-11D0-8953-00A0C90347FF}MICROS] *
StubPath = RunDLL32 IEDKCS32.DLL,BrandIE4 SIGNUP

[>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}]
StubPath = %systemroot%\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigOE

[{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:/UserInstall %SystemRoot%\system32\themeui.dll

[{306D6C21-C1B6-4629-986C-E59E1875B8AF}] *
StubPath = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msgsc.dll",HideIconsUser

[{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}] *
StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:OE /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{44BBA842-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015B}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msnetmtg.inf,NetMtg.Install.PerUser.NT

[{5945c046-1e7d-11d1-bc44-00c04fd912be}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.QuietInstall.PerUser

[{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}] *
StubPath = rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp.inf,PerUserStub

[{7790769C-0471-11d2-AF11-00C04FA35D02}] *
StubPath = "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:WAB /CALLER:WINNT /user /install

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}] *
StubPath = regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:U shell32.dll

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\ie4uinit.exe

Enumerating ICQ Agent Autostart apps:
HKCU\Software\Mirabilis\ICQ\Agent\Apps

*Registry key not found*

Load/Run keys from C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI:

load=*INI section not found*
run=*INI section not found*

Load/Run keys from Registry:

HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: AppInit_DLLs=

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*Registry value not found*
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Checking for EXPLORER.EXE instances:

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe: PRESENT!

C:\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\System\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Command\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Explorer.exe: not present

Checking for superhidden extensions:

.lnk: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.pif: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.exe: not hidden
.com: not hidden
.bat: not hidden
.hta: not hidden
.scr: not hidden
.shs: HIDDEN!
.shb: HIDDEN!
.vbs: not hidden
.vbe: not hidden
.wsh: not hidden
.scf: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: NO!)
.url: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.js: not hidden
.jse: not hidden

Verifying REGEDIT.EXE integrity:

- Regedit.exe found in C:\WINDOWS
- .reg open command is normal (regedit.exe %1)
- Company name OK: 'Microsoft Corporation'
- Original filename OK: 'REGEDIT.EXE'
- File description: 'Registry Editor'

Registry check passed

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

(no name) - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64}

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

Registration reminder 1.job
Registration reminder 3.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[DirectAnimation Java Classes]
CODEBASE = file://C:\WINDOWS\Java\classes\dajava.cab
OSD = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\DirectAnimation Java Classes.osd

[Microsoft XML Parser for Java]
CODEBASE = file://C:\WINDOWS\Java\classes\xmldso.cab
OSD = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\Microsoft XML Parser for Java.osd

[CFForm Runtime]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSJAVA.DLL
CODEBASE = http://www.medschool...sses/CFJava.cab

[{4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21}]
CODEBASE = http://bin.mcafee.co...84/mcinsctl.cab

[WUWebControl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuweb.dll
CODEBASE = http://update.micros...b?1125979628855

[{8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93}]

[{BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389}]
CODEBASE = http://bin.mcafee.co...,21/mcgdmgr.cab

[{CAFEEFAC-0014-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA}]

[Shockwave Flash Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\System32\macromed\flash\Flash.ocx
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.ma...ash/swflash.cab

Enumerating Winsock LSP files:

NameSpace #1: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
NameSpace #2: C:\WINDOWS\System32\winrnr.dll
NameSpace #3: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #1: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #2: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #3: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #4: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
Protocol #5: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsvpsp.dll
Protocol #6: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #7: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #8: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #9: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #10: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #11: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #12: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #13: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #14: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #15: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #16: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
Protocol #17: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll

Enumerating Windows NT/2000/XP services

Microsoft ACPI Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ACPI.sys (system)
Microsoft Embedded Controller Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ACPIEC.sys (system)
aeaudio: system32\drivers\aeaudio.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller: system32\drivers\aec.sys (manual start)
AFD Networking Support Environment: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\afd.sys (autostart)
Alerter: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
Application Layer Gateway Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\alg.exe (manual start)
ALi Audio Accelerator WDM driver: system32\drivers\ac97ali.sys (manual start)
AliIde: System32\DRIVERS\aliide.sys (system)
Alps Pointing-device Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\Apfiltr.sys (manual start)
Application Management: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
1394 ARP Client Protocol: System32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys (manual start)
RAS Asynchronous Media Driver: System32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys (manual start)
Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller: System32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys (system)
Ati HotKey Poller: %SystemRoot%\System32\Ati2evxx.exe (autostart)
ati2mtag: System32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys (manual start)
ATM ARP Client Protocol: System32\DRIVERS\atmarpc.sys (manual start)
ATWPKT2: \??\C:\PROGRA~1\AMERIC~1.0\ATWPKT2.SYS (manual start)
Windows Audio: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Audio Stub Driver: System32\DRIVERS\audstub.sys (manual start)
Background Intelligent Transfer Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Computer Browser: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
ATI Cabo AGP Filter: System32\DRIVERS\atisgkaf.sys (system)
CBTNDIS5 NDIS Protocol Driver: \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\CBTNDIS5.SYS (manual start)
CD-ROM Driver: System32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys (system)
Indexing Service: %SystemRoot%\system32\cisvc.exe (manual start)
ClipBook: %SystemRoot%\system32\clipsrv.exe (manual start)
Microsoft AC Adapter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\CmBatt.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Composite Battery Driver: System32\DRIVERS\compbatt.sys (system)
COM+ System Application: C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235} (manual start)
Cryptographic Services: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher: "C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe" (autostart)
DHCP Client: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Disk Driver: System32\DRIVERS\disk.sys (system)
Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\dmadmin.exe /com (manual start)
dmboot: System32\drivers\dmboot.sys (disabled)
Sony DMI Call service: System32\DRIVERS\DMICall.sys (system)
dmio: System32\drivers\dmio.sys (disabled)
dmload: System32\drivers\dmload.sys (disabled)
Logical Disk Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Microsoft Kernel DLS Syntheiszer: system32\drivers\DMusic.sys (manual start)
DNS Client: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler: system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys (manual start)
Error Reporting Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Event Log: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
COM+ Event System: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
ewido security suite control: C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe (autostart)
Fast User Switching Compatibility: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Volume Manager Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ftdisk.sys (system)
Generic Packet Classifier: System32\DRIVERS\msgpc.sys (manual start)
Help and Support: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Human Interface Device Access: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
HSFHWALI: System32\DRIVERS\HSFHWALI.sys (manual start)
HSF_DP: System32\DRIVERS\HSF_DP.sys (manual start)
i8042 Keyboard and PS/2 Mouse Port Driver: System32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys (system)
CD-Burning Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys (system)
IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service: C:\WINDOWS\System32\imapi.exe (manual start)
IP Traffic Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys (manual start)
IP in IP Tunnel Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys (manual start)
IP Network Address Translator: System32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys (manual start)
IPSEC driver: System32\DRIVERS\ipsec.sys (system)
IR Enumerator Service: System32\DRIVERS\irenum.sys (manual start)
PnP ISA/EISA Bus Driver: System32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys (system)
Keyboard Class Driver: System32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys (system)
Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer: system32\drivers\kmixer.sys (manual start)
Server: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Workstation: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
Machine Debug Manager: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE" (autostart)
mdmxsdk: System32\DRIVERS\mdmxsdk.sys (autostart)
Messenger: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing: C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe (manual start)
Mouse Class Driver: System32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys (system)
WebDav Client Redirector: System32\DRIVERS\mrxdav.sys (manual start)
MRXSMB: System32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys (system)
Distributed Transaction Coordinator: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdtc.exe (manual start)
Windows Installer: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe /V (manual start)
Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy: system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy: system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys (manual start)
NAVENG: \??\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\VIRUSD~1\20050831.016\naveng.sys (manual start)
NAVEX15: \??\C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\VIRUSD~1\20050831.016\navex15.sys (manual start)
Remote Access NDIS TAPI Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys (manual start)
NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol: System32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys (manual start)
Remote Access NDIS WAN Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys (manual start)
NetBIOS Interface: System32\DRIVERS\netbios.sys (system)
NetBios over Tcpip: System32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys (system)
Network DDE: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (manual start)
Network DDE DSDM: %SystemRoot%\system32\netdde.exe (manual start)
netinfo: "C:\WINDOWS\netinfo.exe" (disabled)
Net Logon: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (manual start)
Network Connections: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
1394 Net Driver: System32\DRIVERS\nic1394.sys (manual start)
Network Location Awareness (NLA): %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
NT LM Security Support Provider: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (manual start)
Removable Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
IPX Traffic Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys (manual start)
IPX Traffic Forwarder Driver: System32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys (manual start)
OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller: System32\DRIVERS\ohci1394.sys (system)
orans: \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\orans.sys (manual start)
Office Source Engine: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE (manual start)
Parallel port driver: System32\DRIVERS\parport.sys (manual start)
PCI Bus Driver: System32\DRIVERS\pci.sys (system)
Pcmcia: System32\DRIVERS\pcmcia.sys (system)
Plug and Play: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.exe (autostart)
IPSEC Services: %SystemRoot%\System32\lsass.exe (autostart)
WAN Miniport (PPTP): System32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys (manual start)
Processor Driver: System32\DRIVERS\processr.sys (system)
Protected Storage: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
QoS Packet Scheduler: System32\DRIVERS\psched.sys (manual start)
Direct Parallel Link Driver: System32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys (manual start)
PxHelp20: System32\DRIVERS\PxHelp20.sys (system)
Remote Access Auto Connection Driver: System32\DRIVERS\rasacd.sys (system)
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
WAN Miniport (L2TP): System32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys (manual start)
Remote Access Connection Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Remote Access PPPOE Driver: System32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys (manual start)
Direct Parallel: System32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys (manual start)
Rdbss: System32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys (system)
RDPCDD: System32\DRIVERS\RDPCDD.sys (system)
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (manual start)
Digital CD Audio Playback Filter Driver: System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys (system)
Routing and Remote Access: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (disabled)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator: %SystemRoot%\System32\locator.exe (manual start)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC): %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost -k rpcss (autostart)
QoS RSVP: %SystemRoot%\System32\rsvp.exe (manual start)
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC NT Driver: System32\DRIVERS\R8139n51.SYS (manual start)
Security Accounts Manager: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
SAVRoam: "C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe" (manual start)
SAVRT: \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\savrt.sys (system)
SAVRTPEL: \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Savrtpel.sys (autostart)
Smart Card Helper: %SystemRoot%\System32\SCardSvr.exe (manual start)
Smart Card: %SystemRoot%\System32\SCardSvr.exe (manual start)
Task Scheduler: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Secdrv: System32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys (autostart)
Secondary Logon: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
System Event Notification: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
High-Capacity Floppy Disk Drive: System32\DRIVERS\sfloppy.sys (manual start)
Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS): %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Shell Hardware Detection: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
smwdm: system32\drivers\smwdm.sys (manual start)
Sony Notebook Control Device: System32\Drivers\SonyNC.sys (manual start)
SNMP Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\snmp.exe (autostart)
SNMP Trap Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\snmptrap.exe (manual start)
Sony Memory Stick controller(WB): System32\DRIVERS\SonyWBMS.SYS (manual start)
Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter: system32\drivers\splitter.sys (manual start)
Print Spooler: %SystemRoot%\system32\spoolsv.exe (autostart)
Sony SPTI Service: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONYSH~1\AVLib\Sptisrv.exe (manual start)
System Restore Filter Driver: \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\sr.sys (disabled)
System Restore Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Srv: System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys (manual start)
SSDP Discovery Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA): %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc (manual start)
StreamDispatcher: System32\DRIVERS\strmdisp.sys (autostart)
Software Bus Driver: System32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys (manual start)
Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer: system32\drivers\swmidi.sys (manual start)
MS Software Shadow Copy Provider: C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{0120E89A-A380-43E5-9607-320F388F0ABB} (manual start)
Symantec AntiVirus: "C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe" (autostart)
SymEvent: \??\C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVENT.SYS (manual start)
Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device: system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys (manual start)
Performance Logs and Alerts: %SystemRoot%\system32\smlogsvc.exe (manual start)
Telephony: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
TCP/IP Protocol Driver: System32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sys (system)
Terminal Device Driver: System32\DRIVERS\termdd.sys (system)
Terminal Services: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
Themes: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Distributed Link Tracking Client: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Microcode Update Driver: System32\DRIVERS\update.sys (manual start)
Upload Manager: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Universal Plug and Play Device Host: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (manual start)
Uninterruptible Power Supply: %SystemRoot%\System32\ups.exe (manual start)
Microsoft USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller Miniport Driver: System32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys (manual start)
USB2 Enabled Hub: System32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys (manual start)
USB Mass Storage Driver: System32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS (manual start)
Microsoft USB Universal Host Controller Miniport Driver: System32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys (manual start)
VgaSave: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys (system)
Volume Shadow Copy: %SystemRoot%\System32\vssvc.exe (manual start)
Windows Time: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Remote Access IP ARP Driver: System32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys (manual start)
WAN Miniport (ATW): System32\DRIVERS\wanatw4.sys (manual start)
Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver: system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys (manual start)
WebClient: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
winachsf: System32\DRIVERS\HSF_CNXT.sys (manual start)
Windows Management Instrumentation: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Portable Media Serial Number Service: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (manual start)
WMI Performance Adapter: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (manual start)
wordpad: "C:\WINDOWS\wordpad.exe" (autostart)
Automatic Updates: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Wireless Zero Configuration: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)

Enumerating Windows NT logon/logoff scripts:
*No scripts set to run*

Windows NT checkdisk command:
BootExecute = autocheck autochk *

Windows NT 'Wininit.ini':
PendingFileRenameOperations: *Registry value not found*

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run

*Registry key not found*

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run

nptr = C:\WINDOWS\System32\nptr.exe

End of report, 31,954 bytes
Report generated in 0.281 seconds

Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only

Thanks again!

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello again

This is a new Rootkit. We need samples of it. C:\WINDOWS\system32\orans.sys

Please send a copy of that file to miekiemoesATmalware-research.co.uk (AT=@)

Also please upload the file to Joti http://virusscan.jotti.org/

Please download RegistrySearch

Reboot into safe mode.

Doubleclick to start it. Enter orans.sys click OK

Notepad will be opened with text in it (the file will be saved in the program's folder as well). Post this text in your next reply.

Now that's been done, please delete the file in safe mode using windows explorer

C:\WINDOWS\system32\orans.sys

Now go to START>RUN type in sc delete orans hit Enter

Edited by Crustyoldbloke, 06 September 2005 - 02:53 PM.

Monkeyvsrobot13

Monkeyvsrobot13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey!

I couldn't find the file anywhere. I searched system32 thoroughly and also searched for it in safe mode. Nothing. The pop-ups are still going strong, however, even after I typed "sc delete orans."
Here is the Regsearch:

EGEDIT4

; Registry Search by Bobbi Flekman
; Version: 1.0.2.1

; Results at 9/6/2005 10:13:06 PM for strings:
; 'orans.sys'
; Strings excluded from search:
; (None)
; Search in:
; Registry Keys Registry Values Registry Data
; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HKEY_USERS

; End Of The Log...

Looks like it couldn't find it either. How should I go about trying to uncover this file so I can send you a sample?

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Very strange. After some research, this next fix is reputed to deal with it.
Create a folder on your desktop called Sysclean.

Go to http://www.trendmicr...ownload/dcs.asp and download sysclean package to the folder you made.

Go to http://www.trendmicr...oad/pattern.asp and download the Official Pattern Release for windows to your desktop.

This file will be called lptXXX.zip (XXX represents the version number)

Unzip lptXXX.zip and you'll get the file lpt$vpn.XXX.

Read here how to unzip/extract properly:
http://metallica.gee...xplanation.html

Move the lpt$vpn.XXX to that Sysclean-folder you created on your desktop.

Reboot into Safe Mode: ( without networking support !)
°To get into the Safe mode as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key". Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

Start Ccleaner
click "Options", click the "Advanced" tab
Uncheck: "Only delete files older than 48 hrs.", click Ok
Click "Cleaner" and click Run Cleaner (bottom right)

Open the sysclean-folder and doubleclick sysclean.com.
Check: Automatically clean or delete detected files.
Click scan.
When the scan is finished reboot back to normal mode.
Open your sysclean-folder and copy and paste the contents of sysclean.log in your next reply.

Advertisements

Monkeyvsrobot13

Monkeyvsrobot13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Crusty,

It worked! The pop-ups are gone...for now. I couldn't copy or save the log from sysclean, so I can't post it. There were several files that were labeled "access denied." Though two viruses were removed. Thanks again for everything. Hopefully, that will be the end of my orans.sys pop-ups.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
I hope so too.

I will leave this thread open for a few days in case of misfortune.

Monkeyvsrobot13

Monkeyvsrobot13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It's back! I'm sorry. I don't understand why it disappears for one or two days and then comes back out of nowhere. I didn't do anything that would reinfect the computer, so it must have never truly been removed from it. I really do appreciate your help with this. What should be my next move? Do you need me to do anything else? I'm going to run sysclean again but apparently it only stalled the virus.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Let's try this:

Download:WinPFind

Right Click the Zip Folder and Select "Extract All"

Don't use it yet!

Restart in Safe Mode

From the WinPFind folder-> Doubleclick WinPFind.exe and Click "Start Scan"

It will scan the entire System, so please be patient!

One you see "Scan Complete"-> a log (WinPFind.txt) will be automatically generated in the WinPFind folder.

Restart normally and post the contents of WinPFind.txt

Monkeyvsrobot13

Monkeyvsrobot13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Here it is! Thanks again!

WARNING: not all files found by this scanner are bad. Consult with a knowledgable person before proceeding.

If you see a message in the titlebar saying "Not responding..." you can ignore it. Windows somethimes displays this message due to the high volume of disk I/O. As long as the hard disk light is flashing, the program is still working properly.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Windows OS and Versions »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Product Name: Microsoft Windows XP Current Build: Service Pack 1 Current Build Number: 2600
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Standard Folders »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Checking %SystemDrive% folder...

Checking %ProgramFilesDir% folder...

Checking %WinDir% folder...
FSG! 2/21/2003 2:40:50 PM 5351256 C:\WINDOWS\msjavwu.exe
UPX! 9/8/2005 1:03:18 PM RHS 63488 C:\WINDOWS\wordpad.exe

Checking %System% folder...
PEC2 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 41397 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dfrg.msc
PTech 7/12/2005 6:04:22 PM 520456 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LegitCheckControl.dll
Umonitor 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 631808 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\rasdlg.dll
UPX! 9/3/2005 5:17:10 PM 64000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setup_03652.exe
UPX! 9/5/2005 11:41:56 AM 64000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setup_08478.exe
UPX! 9/1/2005 7:23:06 PM 64000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setup_52168.exe
UPX! 9/4/2005 11:51:02 PM 64000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setup_53661.exe
UPX! 9/5/2005 1:02:34 AM 64000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setup_57442.exe
UPX! 9/4/2005 1:14:50 PM 64000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setup_63744.exe
UPX! 8/31/2005 11:48:22 PM 64000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\setup_74634.exe
winsync 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 1309184 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wbdbase.deu

Checking %System%\Drivers folder and sub-folders...

Checking the Windows folder and sub-folders for system and hidden files within the last 60 days...
9/8/2005 10:51:48 PM S 2048 C:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
8/21/2005 5:21:28 PM H 54156 C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
9/8/2005 1:03:18 PM RHS 63488 C:\WINDOWS\wordpad.exe
9/6/2005 12:07:40 AM H 0 C:\WINDOWS\inf\oem17.inf
9/8/2005 10:51:42 PM H 8192 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG
9/8/2005 10:52:02 PM H 1024 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG
9/8/2005 10:51:50 PM H 12288 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG
9/8/2005 10:52:58 PM H 90112 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG
9/8/2005 10:51:52 PM H 835584 C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG
9/3/2005 5:25:18 PM HS 388 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-18\User\2c839464-e0f7-48ef-91ff-51cde38f91bf
9/3/2005 5:25:18 PM HS 24 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-18\User\Preferred
9/8/2005 10:51:10 PM H 6 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\SA.DAT

Checking for CPL files...
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 66048 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\access.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 578560 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\appwiz.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 129024 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\desk.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 150016 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hdwwiz.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 292352 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\inetcpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 121856 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\intl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 65536 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\joy.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 187904 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\main.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 559616 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mmsys.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 35840 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ncpa.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 256000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nusrmgr.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 36864 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\odbccp32.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 109056 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\powercfg.cpl
Apple Computer, Inc. 10/19/2001 1:11:36 PM 287232 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QuickTime.cpl
Sony Corporation 8/6/2002 8:00:00 PM 53248 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SNSetup.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 268288 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sysdm.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 28160 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\telephon.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 90112 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\timedate.cpl
Sony Corporation 12/4/1999 7:11:30 AM 151552 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UILib.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 5/26/2005 4:16:30 AM 174360 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wuaucpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 8:00:00 AM 66048 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\access.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/29/2002 4:41:00 AM 208896 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\joy.cpl

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Startup Folders »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Checking files in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Startup folder...
2/27/2005 10:19:14 PM 1757 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk
4/9/2003 12:15:50 AM HS 84 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini

Checking files in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data folder...
4/8/2003 5:04:14 PM HS 62 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\desktop.ini

Checking files in %USERPROFILE%\Startup folder...
4/9/2003 12:15:50 AM HS 84 C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Morrison\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini

Checking files in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data folder...
2/27/2005 10:09:40 PM 1185 C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Morrison\Application Data\AdobeDLM.log
4/8/2003 5:04:14 PM HS 62 C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Morrison\Application Data\desktop.ini
2/27/2005 10:09:40 PM 0 C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Morrison\Application Data\dm.ini

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Checking Selected Registry Keys »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\LDVPMenu
{BDA77241-42F6-11d0-85E2-00AA001FE28C} = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SSC\vpshell2.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With
{09799AFB-AD67-11d1-ABCD-00C04FC30936} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8}
Start Menu Pin = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\LDVPMenu
{BDA77241-42F6-11d0-85E2-00AA001FE28C} = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SSC\vpshell2.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Sharing
{f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6} = ntshrui.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{0D2E74C4-3C34-11d2-A27E-00C04FC30871}
= %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F01-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F02-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{66742402-F9B9-11D1-A202-0000F81FEDEE}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{F9DB5320-233E-11D1-9F84-707F02C10627}
= C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\PDFShell.dll

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects]
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64}
= C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{4D5C8C25-D075-11d0-B416-00C04FB90376}
&Tip of the Day = %SystemRoot%\System32\shdocvw.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ToolBar]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263}
ButtonText = Research :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45}
ButtonText = AIM : C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21}
ButtonText = MoneySide :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}
Media Band = %SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser
{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383} = &Address : %SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll
{0E5CBF21-D15F-11D0-8301-00AA005B4383} = &Links : %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
CARPService carpserv.exe
Apoint C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
ATIModeChange Ati2mdxx.exe
Mouse Suite 98 Daemon ICO.EXE
ezShieldProtector for Px C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
HKSERV.EXE C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
VAIO Recovery C:\Windows\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
vptray C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
MSConfig C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]
IMAIL Installed = 1
MAPI Installed = 1
MSFS Installed = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
ctfmon.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\load]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\run]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run
nptr C:\WINDOWS\System32\nptr.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\NonEnum
{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F} = C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\WEBFOL~1\MSONSEXT.DLL
{6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF} =
{0DF44EAA-FF21-4412-828E-260A8728E7F1} =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ratings

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
dontdisplaylastusername 0
legalnoticecaption
legalnoticetext
shutdownwithoutlogon 1
undockwithoutlogon 1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
NoDriveTypeAutoRun 145

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad]
PostBootReminder {7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn {fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} = %SystemRoot%\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray {35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153} = C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
Shell = Explorer.exe
System =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\crypt32chain
= crypt32.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cryptnet
= cryptnet.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cscdll
= cscdll.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\NavLogon
= C:\WINDOWS\System32\NavLogon.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\ScCertProp
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Schedule
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\sclgntfy
= sclgntfy.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\SensLogn
= WlNotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\termsrv
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\wlballoon
= wlnotify.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Your Image File Name Here without a path
Debugger = ntsd -d

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
AppInit_DLLs

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scan Complete »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
WinPFind v1.3.5 - Log file written to "WinPFind.Txt" in the WinPFind folder.
Scan completed on 9/8/2005 10:56:25 PM