Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

logging into windows 2000

• Please log in to reply

dave51

dave51

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a IBM 300 GL with windows 95 pc at the local Goodwill store for my daughter to install games on so our home pc would'nt have so much on it,now for my problem.Someone installed windows 2000 on it,when we booted the pc up we came to the login page and there was administrator and password, of course I have no way of knowing what the password is,I went back to the Goodwill store to see if they had a record of who donated it but they did'nt.I've tried changing the jumper on the CMOS,took the battery out nothing helps. I'm no computer expert.So could some of you good people help me out here.Thanks in advance :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If the administrator password is lost, forgotten, or unknown, access to the computer may not be obtainable and the operating system may need to be reinstalled.

If the Administrator password needs to be reset, and there are no other users with administrative access, there is no way to recover the password and the operating system will need to be reinstalled.

If you have the 95 CD you can run killdisk to wipe the drive