Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SurfSide Kick 3

• Please log in to reply

jetfreak

jetfreak

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok guys, I made many attempts at removing this malware. I can't stay connected to the internet very long before it starts installing other malware/spyare.

I have followed many post on removing it from many different sites. MY BIGGEST IS PROBLEM is that i can not delete the folder SURFSIDEKICK 3. The files are in use by another program. I can be in SAFE MODE and it still says this. I look in the task manager for a running process that might be linked to it AND NOTHING there. only critical system process needed to run in safe mode.

I can run a search in the registry for SSK.exe, Sskbho.dll, etc etc.. and by the time I remove them... They autopopulate back into the registry. I decided to use regedt32 and remove the permissions to the HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/current version/run and runonce That stopped the auto population But I still can't remove the files in the directory SURFSIDEKICK 3 ... regardless of safemode or normal mode. I do have some other malware but until I can get surfsidekick 3 off it seems useless to chase that down because surfsidekick 3 is constantly adding more if connected to the internet.

Hijack this shows the SSK.exe but when you place a check next to it to repair.. and run another scan... they autopopulate right back. There seems to be another exe or com file that is HIDING in the background that I cannot seem to find. PLEASE HELP

Im at work this very second and I am unable to post any logs. i can this evening when I get home.

thanks

Edited by jetfreak, 01 September 2005 - 09:23 AM.

Advertisements