Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba heating

• Please log in to reply

Jun85

Jun85

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there
I just bought a Toshiba Satellite M50 and it is a great machine except for one thing that irritates me. The area below the keyboard has quite a bit of heating after a bit of usage.(all around the touchpad area) Im not doing extreme stuff on this comp. Im just using it for email, web browsing and word docs etc. Even when I just do web browsing after a while, the heating occurs. Is this normal for Toshiba notebooks? Is there anything that I can do to cool it down? I heard of cooling pads but is there a program or anything out there that will help control the heat? Is this normal with all Centrino notebooks?
Any help or comments would be great!
Thank you

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
You may feel heat coming from underneath the touchpad and keyboard of a laptop as all the components are close to keyboard and touchpad. some laptops get hot by playing games especially if you dont have the right hardware and system specifications :tazz:

Jun85

Jun85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The heat isnt really coming from the keyboard. It doesnt feel hot there. I really feel it on the touchpad and the area around the touchpad and below the keyboard.

Edited by Jun85, 01 September 2005 - 10:24 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not sure about your particular laptop. but on my dell that locations is pretty much where the main on board battery is located.(to the right of the touchpad from on top) the processor and hd are locted to the left of the touch pad from on top. the processor area on mine gets the warmest out of the entire bottom of the machine. even warm enough to heat my desk up to the touch. the best way to ease your fears about the heat is to check your temps in your bios. after running the machine for a while reboot and get into bios then look for your system temps.

Jun85

Jun85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

i'm not sure about your particular laptop. but on my dell that locations is pretty much where the main on board battery is located.(to the right of the touchpad from on top) the processor and hd are locted to the left of the touch pad from on top. the processor area on mine gets the warmest out of the entire bottom of the machine. even warm enough to heat my desk up to the touch. the best way to ease your fears about the heat is to check your temps in your bios. after running the machine for a while reboot and get into bios then look for your system temps.

View Post

What are the steps to going into BIOS and checking the temps? Ive never done this before.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when booting start pressing the delete button or f2 (there should be some words somewhere on the screen that says press (something) to enter setup) that should get you into your bios menu...just look around for something like computer health, or temps or something

Jun85

Jun85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I could not find it. I use CHC and the reading of the HD temp says 50 celcius

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP