Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Admin Account Error

• Please log in to reply

aa440995

aa440995

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When I downloaded the new version of Ad-Aware (I un-installed the older version as directed) and then attempt to install I get the following error message ....

"You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account."

The install then stops. My computer has three admin accounts and one restricted user account. I have attempted the install from all three admin accounts and the restricted account with no luck. I also tried to install from Safe Mode but that failed too. Any help as to what might be causing the problem would be greatly appreciated.

I have been directed here after entering a Malware log and cleaning my system but with no luck at correcting the problem. :tazz:
Thank you!

Jon

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
when yo uget to the logon screen where you can select the user you want to use, press ctrl alt delete and it should bring up the true administrator account...enter the password if there is one and log in

aa440995

aa440995

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I went to the log on screen but other than the three admin accounts I mentioned before I know of no other password. After pressing ctrl alt delete I entered my user name and password in the box provided which lets me log on to the system but with no better luck at installing the program. Does the "true admin" account contain a different user and password and if so how would I find that out? I am sorry for any confusion or ignorance on my part. Thank you for your help.

Jon

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you would put in the username as administrator if you don't remember setting up a password for this user when you set up the system then it is probably blank

aa440995

aa440995

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Typing in administrator w/o a password will not log me in. Is there a way to reset the password?

Jon