Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Crashes Please HELP!

• Please log in to reply

stefm

stefm

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I am getting a Microsoft Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. When I try to start internet explorer. I have tyried to reinstall internet explorer but was unable. Can someone please Help thank you.

Advertisements

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Go to www.firefox.com download and istall it and you will never want to use IE again.

stefm

stefm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have installed firefox. But everytime I start my pc this error message apears.

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Everytime your start your pc, you get an IE explorer error? You get this error without even starting Internet Explorer? Did you try Uninstalling IE? and then reinstalling? what version of IE are you using? If your using an older version try updating.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Be careful with uninstalling IE. Some functions of it are embedded into the Windows OS and removing IE can occasionaly cause your system to malfunction.

I agree with the Firefox comment... I don't even bother with IE unless I am held down kicking and screaming and have no other choice.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If IE starts every time you boot, think malware!

stefm

stefm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I get this error message when I start my pc and whenever I try to start IE6. It does not start IE6 it crashes with this message. The same happens with outlook express. Thank you.

Phil1450

Phil1450

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I believe stefm is having the DrWatson Debugger problem. I'm in the middle of fixing the same problem on my machine. Here's a link to the resolution. Thanks guys!

http://www.geekstogo...ved-t12504.html

stefm

stefm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
(Microsoft Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close). This is the error that apears when starting IE6.

Phil1450

Phil1450

• Pip
  • 3 posts

(Microsoft Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close). This is the error that apears when starting IE6.

View Post

Again, it sounds like you're infected with the DrWatson debugger problem. Please follow the link I provided in the above post. :tazz:

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Dont Get rid of internet Explorer you still need it for Updates!

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Dont Get rid of internet Explorer you still need it for Updates!