Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

invisable keylogger problem..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

KMA-Jay

KMA-Jay

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hello all, i am haveing a bad issue. i need to know if i got rid of this thing. i was on a yahoo site and a pop up came on saying somthing about "I know your every move"... intreaged by it, i ran adwatch and something was messing with my registry, and all of a sudden i went to 100%cpu and 100% connection useage. i rebooted instantly into safe mode without networking, went to msconfig and found a new startup process hidden call keylogger.exe in my windows\system32 folder. so i went in and deleted it, and found logs for it as well. i used edit pad pro and opend it and went through it.. it had all my info, my name,ip, mac address, open ports, passwords, login info's, account infos, mr win xp pro cdkey, everything.. well i deleted it all and ran norton full scan, ad-ware scan, registry mechanic, and bps spyware remover. they found alot of logging and spyware, that was not there in the morning as i run each of thease programs every morning at boot up. i am compleately updated to the max, sp2 with all the other stuff, new virus definitions and nothing seen it even come into my system. what i need to know is how can i tell if i got it all? i have manuly serched every windows file on my system and have found little peaces hear and there, i even emailed norton a copy of the keylogger.exe that i had found. i have my windows firewall and dsl firewall with a static ip. and norton 2005 running always in the backround. if anyone else knows of any other progs or firewalls i can use please let me know. thanks for any help possable..

!!UPDATE!! last night when playing battlefield 2 my computer stoped responding, like it ran out of processor. i had to reboot, after that i noticed the keylogger is back... help....
Jay
P.S. i hope i posted this in the right spot as i was not for sure.

Edited by KMA-Jay, 02 September 2005 - 05:26 AM.

Advertisements

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Hi and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :tazz:

Please visit this page and scroll down to Step 5. Follow the instructions there to download a tool called Hijackthis and post a log here as a reply to this post.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

KMA-Jay

KMA-Jay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
please delete this post. i got rid of it. i simpley reformatted... luckly i have everything on a back up scsi.. thanks and sorry about that