Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet problem?

• Please log in to reply

mcheng

mcheng

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,
I don't know if this is an internet explorer problem or what exactly it is.

I've been scanning spam and spyware wtih all the different downloads from this site and been deleting spyware files. The last used was spybot search and destroy. After that my IE (version 6) seemed not working, giving me Runtime error when I tried to launch. So I followed the advice from this site once again and deleted the google toolbar.

IE now launches but some of the websites are not displaying correctly. I've asked a couple of friends to check in different computers and all of them said that the site looks normal.

Here is the site: BCCwww.bcc-la.org - there should be an image with stained glass windows and the word BCC on the top, then a menu and below that the text table. When I get into the website, I see no stained glass window bar, the menu is overlapping the texts area. I've tried using Netscape, and Firefox with same result. But seemed like I'm the only one wiht this problem.

also, when I logged into this site, somethime off the the left side of this, I see this texts running accross, "thanks the staff for a good job" or something like that. I am not at all techy at all, can Geeks to go help me figure out what the problem is?
thanks in advance

davi

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Gaaah! You could have warned us what the site content was about....

I guess it looks ok, I did see a "stained glass" type of header, but as soon as I saw the site description I closed the window...

Edited by thenotch, 01 September 2005 - 05:39 PM.

mcheng

mcheng

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry, I didn't know we have to disclose content - :) I am just trying to figure out what is wrong with my explorer. Plus I see nothing wrong with the site.

But for those who are wondering, the address is a Reform synagogue, the world's first gay and lesbian synagogue established in 1972 in Los Angeles, now serving an incluvise community. :tazz:

Aren't Geeks to go all incluvise?

davi

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

Sorry, I didn't know we have to disclose content -  :tazz:  I am just trying to figure out what is wrong with my explorer. Plus I see nothing wrong with the site.

View Post

Had it been about computers, the internet, something technical, I wouldn't have been a bit freaked out.... I'm not a mod here so I don't know there stance on site disclosure... I won't get into a debate about it here... I personally found the site offensive, but that is me...

To answer your question, I didn't see anything wrong with the layout and the image and lettering it all looked like they were in perfect working condition here in IE as well as Firefox...

mcheng

mcheng

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your reply - I'm still having trouble. For some reason, the stained glass bar doesn't show up. And the menu bar falls on top of the texts.

When I click on the space above, it does show that there might be something there. What do you think it could have caused such an issue?

Java script engine? graphic viewer? Could Sypbot destroyed something? Do you have any suggestion on how I could fix this problem?

I appreciate your help. thanks again
davi

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
The site is not displaying well for me, either. Is your browser displaying other sites correctly? It looks as if that site has technical difficulties.

Johanna