Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc monitor wont turn on

• Please log in to reply

bwink507

bwink507

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I replaced a 166 mhz processor with a Pentim II processor and now my monitor wont turn when pc is started. I tried it also on my other monitor and nothing. I then put the 166 mhz processor back into pc and still no monitor. Please help. :tazz:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Did you try reseting the BIOS?

Disconnect the power, remove the computer case, look for a battery on the motherboard (like shown below). Remove this battery for at least five minutes. Then replace the battery, and reconnect the power. Reboot and see if it worked. You'll need to reset the system time and date.

A typical motherboard battery:
Posted Image

bwink507

bwink507

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did that and still no monitor. Could I have blown something up?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Could I have blown something up?

Yes, probably the motherboard. :tazz:

Soul Bleed

Soul Bleed

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I've had a problem before when I adjusted the CPU Speed, I think I got back in when I turned on pc power I turned on monitor, and it finally came back on, it took quite a few times, but it worked.
Yeah I read it can be the system board or setting cpu speed.