Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system wiring

• Please log in to reply

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I just built my computer. Although the CPU and RAM havent gotten here yet, I found that it is possible with my ABIT AN8 to run the fans and lights in my computer, Including the fan and lights on my 6800 GT. (BTW, is it okay to do this?) anyway, I have a couple of questions.

1. I was wondering if it is okay to run the 24 pin power connector with my XION PSU's 20 pin ATX plug. Obviously, it gets the job done, but I wanted to know if it had any adverse effects.

2. My 6800 GT has the 6 pin power socket on it. I got power to it with the two 4 pin connectors, but I wanted to know how I should wire everything. on the first 4 pin plugs from both of my power leads? Will it run with all of the other plugs loaded up with fans and drives?

3. Once my processor and ram get here and I am able to go into the BIOS, what do I need to set up in order to get my computer running smoothly, assuming I have everything hooked up correctly?

look at my sig for a list of my components

Advertisements

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
ok the psu thing with the 24 and 20 pin connector it should say in the manuel that came with ur mobo i have the same ezact case and i also have abit mobo and for mine the plug went in the top 20 and left the bottom 4 open.

Lion