Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow opening internet

• Please log in to reply

pcnoob

pcnoob

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hi all Latly when i try to open the internet it takes a about 30 sec to load, it usually always starts right up when i hit the IE button. im running windows pro. It seems as though somethings running in the background but im kinda of a noob and dont know whats what. can u help? even takes longer to load website. i run messenger and google.

Edited by pcnoob, 01 September 2005 - 08:25 PM.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
What kind of inernet do you have? Dial up or broadband?

And have you tried loading Firefox to see if it's slow as well?

Edited by Numb153Im remxed, 02 September 2005 - 11:23 AM.

pcnoob

pcnoob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I have Internet Explorore i have Comcast high speed and no I havent tried firefox, never heard of it. I acually just left the house for a bit and left computer on when i came in Avast had found a troj (win32trojano 2280) Do you think thats why I didnt know there was anything(troj or viruses on my comp)

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
If you have suspect having a trojan on your computer, that could be a reason for your problem. Try getting help at the Malware Revomal forum: http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=37

Firefox is another web browser that is a lot better and safer than Internet Explorer. More info here.

Edited by Numb153Im remxed, 02 September 2005 - 11:24 AM.