Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

UT2004 crash

• Please log in to reply

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I bought UT2004 today, installed it fine, and was playing it for about an hour. When I go to exit, it exits the game, my PC does a short beep and reboots. I get the whole "System has recovered from a serious error" message, followed by this information off the microsoft site it directs me to:

Error caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver: No specific solution found

Problem Description

An unknown error occurred in NVIDIA Graphics Driver, created by NVIDIA® Corporation.

Problem Resolution

NVIDIA® Corporation is currently not aware of a specific solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

* Download and install an updated NVIDIA Graphics Driver from one of the following locations:
o Windows Update
o NVIDIA® Corporation
* If an updated driver is not available, check with your computer manufacturer.
* If you are running the latest version of NVIDIA Graphics Driver, please contact NVIDIA® Corporation for your support options.

Additional Information

* If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for NVIDIA Graphics Driver we highly recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from NVIDIA® Corporation.
* If you are not familiar with NVIDIA Graphics Driver and you are questioning how the program was installed on your computer, it is possible that the program was installed with another program. If you do not know why NVIDIA Graphics Driver is running, many programs configure themselves to start automatically every time you turn on your computer .

I'm using the drivers that came with BF2 btw, 77.30 I think? Specs in the sig. Thanks for any help in advance.

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Try Updating, re-installing or installing your driver again.
RockyIV

Edited by RockyIV, 05 September 2005 - 03:01 AM.

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
do what rockyIV said and change your drivers back to the ones that can one the cd

only do this if the graphics card is new.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Nvidia released the 78.01 Geforce drivers a few days ago, uninstall your exisiting driver and install the latest. Also make sure that you download and install the latest patch for UT2004.

Are there any error logs under system or application in event viewer?
Does it happen after a specific amount of time or is it completely random?
Does it only happen with UT2004?