Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder

• Please log in to reply

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Gunna though this at ya guys,m see if anyone has anything... Sorry for the length..

Hello all,

I have a problem. I recently (about 3 months ago) bought a Media Center PC, and everything was fine, for the first month. Then the DVD Decoder trial ran out. The people that I bought i from said that they knew what the problems were and that they were waiting for the NVIDIA shop to open back up. They told me that I could use the Nero Showtime that was installed on the computer, until they got me the Reg. info.

That was all fine an dandy, until they gave me the reg info. When I plugged the info that they gave me in, I keep getting this error when I try and play ANY DVD in Media Center:

"Media Center cannot play this DVD. The DVD may be in use by another program or is copy-protected."

We are stumped. I have tried everything that I can think of. I have used the Microsoft Decoder checker program, and it says that the decoder is installed, and that it is supported, and that it is the default decoder. I have tried re-installing; uninstalling, and restarting, and reinstalling; I even went so far as to completly re-install Windows MCE, and the decoder, and still the same error.

I know that I can watch the movies in another program, like Nero's Showtime, but for me, the whole reason to have a MCE is to have it all in one. If I was going to use different pieces of software, I might as well have used the money to buy nicer A/V equipment.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know what I might do to fix it? I up for trying anything as of now.

Thanks for the help.

Ben

Advertisements