Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't reload MSN Explorer!

• Please log in to reply

MarshallO

MarshallO

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Since I've never used MSN Explorer (in fact, I'm not even sure if I ever even had it in Programs), I unchecked MSN Explorer via the Windows Components Clean-up feature under Disk Cleanup (supposedly clearing up disk space). When I later decided to put MSN Explorer back (although I'm not sure why) and rechecked its box, after a few moments into an installation process I got a message saying that "The file "auupdate.exe" on (Unknown) is needed". However, "autoupdate.exe" exists neither on my computer (I tried to find it via Search and then used "sfc /scannow") nor on my Dell Windows XP Installation CD! (Supposedly, "auupdate.exe" is in the I386 folder, but currently isn't.) Does anyone know how I can get "auupdate.exe" back (or even if it ever existed)? Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
MSN explorer is usually preinstalled in a lot of computers.

I would try reinstalling it to see if it helps. Open up add/remove programs from your control panel and select change/remove under MSN.

Also, I would recommend Mozilla Firefox as your default internet browser over anything else. :tazz: