Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Perspective

• Please log in to reply

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I got up very early this morning, intending to get some work done before the kids go to school. I was annoyed that my cable connection was offline, AGAIN. So I logged into my back up dial up account and was greeted with 50 pictures of Katrina's wrath. Wow...

I have been "inconvenienced". Big deal. These survivors aren't worried about being offline, they are hungry, homeless and hot. I have no cable internet- they have no electricity, no dry beds, no jobs, no school, no relief in immediate sight.

Dear God, please help me to be more compassionate and patient, and help me to be part of today's solution, not problem.

Johanna

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
I know how you feel, last night I was talking about gas prices with my mom and we both agreed that it doesnt matter if the prices go up, at least we will still have gas. If that is the worst problem I have, then I can learn to deal with it. There are people who have lost everything that they own in a few days, right now, all of my problems are nothing.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I must admit its looking pretty scary over there have been watching the story on the news and i wouldnt like to be there. Armed militia taking over the city no rescue and little to no aid coming to the people that need it. It is a sobering thought to think that can happen in the richest nation in the world.

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

It is a sobering thought to think that can happen in the richest nation in the world.

View Post

I believe it can happen to any nation in the world. Africa, Asia, Europe, America.... you name it. No one can control mother nature's wrath except God. :tazz:

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
some newsboy yesterday morn made the comment"I didn't know there were so many poor people in America",another asked why they didn't they gey in their cars and leave like everyone else?Poor people dont have cars,dipstick!W/out looking at religion,gov.or anything but the bare minimum of facts there are billions of dollars spent weekly over this planet with the intent to destroy human,plant and animal life.
It is a good day when we can at least wake up,have breakfast,go to a cruddy job and come back home knowing we'll do it all over again tomorrow.Myself,I find pleasur in trying to be kind to my fellow sufferers.I'm glad to see you see these minor inconviniences for what they are.Things always get better,not just for one but for all.If it's not one religion or gov. against another then it's the moneyed against the people with nothing.Sometimes a smile or a kind word goes a long way in anotherpersons day.
I'll divulge something about myself that I'd rather not discuss further.I spent 16 years as a bootstomping skinhead,then something happened in my life ten years ago and I have found that anybody,from anywhere that believes in anything has something to share and I'm grateful that now I am able to share back.This is why I am so frustrated that what could have been preventable was instead directed towards destruction.We have the means and the ways to either assist or destroy and it seems we do too much of the latter.btw I had a smile reading your post.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Keep your responses positive, or they will be removed.

This is not the place for your political views.

ScHwErV :tazz:

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
HarryMay:

I like your intensions. :tazz: Everything you said was true. It's nice to see such good-hearted people around. :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I"ve been sitting here reading this thread over and over for nearly 15 minutes now. When I clicked on it, I was feeling VERY sorry for myself. Heck, I admit it. I still am. Trust me when I say that I know the people who lost everything due to Hurricane Katrina have far worse things to deal with than I do. But that does NOT lessen the pain inside of me right now. That doesn't make the problems and hurts I have any less real, or important. Each of us needs to stop and realize that while others DO and always WILL have it "worse than us" somewhere.....it IS still ok for us to have our own sorrows. It's human nature, and part of life.

I am the last person who will ever trivialize what is going on down South. I have family members none of us have heard from since before the hurricane hit. They lived in New Orleans. We have no idea at this point if they are safe or not. So please, NO ONE tell me I'm making light of that situation.

I am heartbroken over the devastation and loss due to this destructive force of nature. But I am also heartbroken and devastated over things in my own personal life right now.

I'm human. :tazz:

Thank you God, for allowing me to be alive right now. And for the two beautiful, healthy daughters I have. Thank you for the roof over my head, and the food in my stomach.

How is it we can be thankful for our blessings, yet resentful of our hurts at the same time?

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I believe we should be thankful for everything we have. Sure, I don't have the newest BMW 7-series, but i still have a car. I don't have the LG 7690 Flatron TV, but I still have a TV. :)

We should never be mad at God for not letting us have "the best". At least we have something. I feel for the people in New Orleans. They have nothing. No food, no water and some of them have no loved ones.

Man, it's good to be alive! :tazz: