Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ADOBE PREMEIRE

• Please log in to reply

omegaF

omegaF

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
whenever i try to install adobe premeire it stops a quarter way of installing progresss and says that it can not be installed due to a previous premiere being on the computer.
Im sure i deleted the old premeire a long time ago.....and it didnt work properly when i did have it...im pretty sure i uninstalled it too.
What can i do to make my computer forget the old so i can put in the new?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Check to make sure the older version is removed from the Add-Remove tab in the Control Panel.

Johanna

omegaF

omegaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yeah its not on the add/remove tab.
Thanks though.
Anyone else....any pointers?

Edited by omegaF, 03 September 2005 - 01:51 AM.

omegaF

omegaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
[bleep]....:tazz:

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Download a free trial version of Your Uninstaller! 2004 here. Run the program and check its menu of the programs installed on your PC to make sure that your previous Adobe download isn't listed there. If it is - uninstall it.

Next, go here to download a trial copy of WinASO Registry Optimizer. Scan your PC for any obsolete entries that might have been left behind by your previous version of Premiere. Note - the trial version of WinASO only allows you to fix up to ten errors at one go, so most likely you'll have to do the whole process a good many times before the scans finally start coming up clean. You can also choose to optimize your system, although this most probably won't be affecting your installation of Premiere.

Reboot your PC.

Attempt another installation of Adobe Premiere.

If the above two steps don't cut it for you, try the free tool CCleaner, download available from here. Once installation is complete, run the program and click on Issues on the left-hand tab. Make sure all of the little checkboxes have been ticked, then press scan for issues. Allow the software to fix all of the detected issues. Reboot your computer, then try to install Premiere again.

Edited by cassykins, 06 September 2005 - 04:39 AM.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You may have enties in the registry that need to be removed. Be careful in the registry.

omegaF

omegaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Alright kool. thats alot of response! :tazz:
Ill try that stuff and get back at yall when i get around to that stuff^.
thanks

omegaF

omegaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Well...after all that help...i still cant seem to install premeire.....still says theres an error.

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
what version is your new premiere?, what was the previous version?, what OS do you have?

omegaF

omegaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
the version i am trying to install is 7.0....wat the other version was i have no idea....im running XP.

"an error(-50003 : 0x8004ace8) has occured while running the setup.

please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Adobe Systems,Inc.."

This is what it tells me when i try to install.

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
send that message to adobe, they will know whats going on. ww.adobe.com look for premiere pro support.

omegaF

omegaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i posted in their forum...lets see if i get a solid reply that will help this.

omegaF

omegaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i posted in their forum...lets see if i get a solid reply that will help this.

spyderider4

spyderider4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here's the fix.

Under Program Files\Common Files is a folder called Installshield.

Rename this to Installshieldold

Run Setup again.

Should install just fine now.

Spyderider