Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

>NET Framework

• Please log in to reply

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
hey guys how u doin? well heres my question of the week, now that I got my Office software issue taken care of. I am trying to get a repair on my .NET framework. here is the directions from microsoft:

# For Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP or later, type:

cmd

# In the command window, type the following:

n:\<Installation Source>\dotnetfx.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms %temp%\netfx.msi"

For example:
d:\dotNetFramework\dotnetfx.exe /t:%temp% /c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms %temp%\netfx.msi"

now i typed in both lines and the second one(For Example) it said the device is not ready. What the... does have to be ready? the drive is operational. Also i checked at microsoft and they have a Beta 2.0 .NET framework out, should i skip the repair and dl the new one? appreciate any advice as usual from your kick a** team :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i wouldnt get the beta....just get the dotnetfix.exe file from microsoft and run it

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
actually...here it is http://dsenette.geek...ls/dotnetfx.zip

edit: i'll figure out the address eventually

Edited by dsenette, 02 September 2005 - 07:24 AM.