Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Games art/modeling

• Please log in to reply

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Right im in to drawing and games so im looking at being a games artist. I'm just starting to work on models using blender but I heard that a lot of game modeling involves physics is this true?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not precisely if you are doing a full model for a game you will want to put physics into it dpending on what software you are using but generally no.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
before physics is applied you have to have a model first. mostly the model is the look of the characters in the game. I find that there is a lot of info for unreal engine as there are many many mods for it. check out beyondeunreal.com. they have links for modelers, map makers, and moders. some good resources there.

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Ok thanks guys.