Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEED HELP NEW FRESH INSTALL OF XP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

soulkiller

soulkiller

• Pip
  • 4 posts
ok well first off i formated my c drive so their is no op on my comp now i tried to boot up my comp from th xp cd that i bought.... :tazz: and it boots up from the cd fine.Then it starts loading everything but then right before the screen pops up that says would u like to install or repair i get an error that say something like "value 0 for sp2 (service pack 2) btw my xp disc includes service pack 2. any ideas is it my disc or is my comp just retarted BTW my cd drive is probably like 3000 years old its got like max 32x read speed :)

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Try using a cleaner of your cd-rom first..

If that doesn't help, return your XP cd for a replacement.. Looks like it may be corrupted..

Murray

soulkiller

soulkiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
iam sorry need to make it more clear I BOUGHT MY XP CD :) :ph34r: :ph34r: :tazz: :tazz: :) :) :) :) :tazz: :) :)

as for cleaning it i tried putting it in a brand new cd drive and still same problem

Edited by soulkiller, 02 September 2005 - 11:20 AM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

iam sorry need to make it more clear I BOUGHT MY XP CD 

View Post

I saw what you said.. If you bought it, then return it to the store you BOUGHT IT from and get a replacement!!

I thought I gave very simple instructions the first time.. Hope this is a little clearer!!

Murray

soulkiller

soulkiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok i figure iam not getting anywhere with this cd alone so i went to microsoft webpage and download the boot floppys and they work so now the boot floppys load everything and now it gets to the screen where it ask me if i want to install or repair but as soon as its about to install i get the same error. somebody plez help me im starting to get dieariea :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

If you bought it, then return it to the store you BOUGHT IT from and get a replacement!!

Murray

View Post

So, what part of "get a replacement cd" don't you understand?? :tazz:

Murray

soulkiller

soulkiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
omg do i really need to put more smilys for u to understand my god i give u a hint ........bitorrent????

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
That's what I thought but had to have you say it..

This thread is closed as we WILL NOT support illegal/pirated software..

Bye !!!