Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Explorer Email Crash

• Please log in to reply

MacUser

MacUser

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Dell 4100 running Windows ME. Dial up service MSN.COM. Problem started last week of August 2005. MSN Explorer crashes within 4 seconds of clicking Email Tab on MSN Explorer. MSN Explorer runs fine searching the internet. Message says that "An internal error has occurred and MSN Explorer must quit now." This happens every time when entering Email rendering it useless. Tried to bypass this by using IE to access Email through MSN website, and same thing happens, though not as frequently. Norton Anti-Virus is run regularly (with auto update activated) and Zone Alarm is enabled. Please note: This is my parents' machine. As dedicated Mac user I will need very detailed instructions. I have tried shut down, pull plug and wait 30 seconds, emptying IE cookies and history. Don't understand relationship between IE and MSN Exp, if any. Can't find MSN Exp. files. Have run Norton Anti-Virus. I have been unable to find manuals, disks, etc, though they are probably somewhere. I assume MSN Explorer came with original software package. Parents resistant to learning anything new, so I want to try to fix MSN explorer for them rather than download another browser. :tazz: Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
try opening your email through Firefox (in my sig). If it still crashes, it sounds like you may have some sort of malware. Download hijackthis and post your log in the maleware removal forum: http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

MacUser

MacUser

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks very much for the advice. I will try it. I am sorry for the long delay. Other family members wanted to try their hand fixing this problem first. All their attempts have failed (such as reloadiing MSN explorer), so I will try your advice now. Thanks again. :tazz: