Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Low monitor resolution

• Please log in to reply

SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
My eMachine restore disks succeeded only in disabling my OS so I bought a copy of XP S/P2 and had no problem refromatting. The system is running fast and smooth again with one exception. My monitor is stuck on minimum resolution and will not adjust upward either automatically as offered by Windows on each boot-up or with System Properties.

The monitor is a Proview 786NS if thats helpful. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install Everest Home here

http://www.lavalys.h...p?pid=1&lang=en

Run it, click + next to compter then summary, look on right for display / video adapter, post the make and model or visit the manufacturers site for drivers, you may need to do the same for the audio

Everest will show this in summary, multimedia / audio adapter

SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks Keith. Everest is a great tool. I'll see what I can do about drivers.

SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Keith--succeeded in obtaining the correct graphics and audio drivers from Intel's download site. Mission accomplished, problem solved. Thanks again.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know