Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD RW Drive

• Please log in to reply

redcrypt

redcrypt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
is there any other way to get into registry editor cuz when i go to start run and type it in the command prompt shows up for like .5 seconds then exits itsself

Advertisements

redcrypt

redcrypt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok i tried that and i cant delete the file.. says error while deleting key

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
The driver you are using for the CD rom is a windows standard driver. That is why when you uninstall it and reboot it reinstalls. No need to worry about a driver at this point, it sounds like you have more serious issues.

If regedit is not coming up and staying up it sounds like something is preventing it from working or DOESN'T want it to work.

Have you tried a complete virus check on your system? I know this is going to sound silly or maybe you feel your system is clean but I suggest before you go on any further follow EVERY step HERE, do every scan suggested and post your log in the Malware removal forum, once you are cleared that your system is clean, try uninstalling and reinstalling the cd-rom driver again, if after all that is done you still get the error, try my fix one more time. If your system is clean "Regedit" should open and stay open and you should be able to delete the entries suggested.

I know it seems like a lot of effort, but I suggested you follow all steps, it will be worth the time! :tazz:

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
I am heading out the door for a little while, do your scans and I will check back when I return!

Good luck :-)

redcrypt

redcrypt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I opened command prompt from start accesories then typed in regedit.exe to get it up... i found the class file highlighted it then deleted the files from that list.. then i saw the upper and lower filters. I may have deleted some extra stuff but when i rebooted I HAD A ICON FOR IT UNDER MY COMPUTER. Thanks for all your help. by the way I have done virus checks and spyware and adware checks.. all clean

Thanks again for all your help

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
No problem, glad it worked for you!