Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! PCGuard [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

missa921

missa921

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am in the middle of doing the cleanup for PCGuard, as instructed by your web site. I downloaded Ewido and performed the scan. Is says there are 7266 infected files in my comp. It prompts me on ever one saying " The file C:/Upload/ect.... this file cannot be removed because it is inbedded in the archive C:/Upload/ect.... do you want to remove the whole archive? Should I? When i started i did b/c it was 4am & I was frustraded. I just wanted it all off my computer. I got through 491 of them saying "yes", but after a good nights sleep I don't know it that was the best choice. It prompted me for every single one of them. Please help.

Thanks,
Missa

Advertisements

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Open ewido:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin (do not open any folders or open the windows control panel while the scan is in progress).
  • While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OK
  • When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK.
  • Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report.
  • Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.

Scan with HJT and post a log here together with the ewido log so that any remnants can be removed manually.

missa921

missa921

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i've done all of that, after it finished the scan it started prompting me, that's my problem

missa921

missa921

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I could never get to the point to save the report b/c i would have had to answer over 7266 questions

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Do this then you won't have to:

When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK.

missa921

missa921

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I did when it was doing the initial scan, but after the scan was @ 100% is when these questions started poping up, and there is no box to check, simply a ye or no.

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Hmm.. sounds like you have a lot of infected zip/cab files if that's the case.

Get clicking to remove the archives - you will only have to do it this time.

missa921

missa921

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you very much for your help. I just reopened ewido and i'm doing the scan. it has found and infected opject, but my only choice now is to either remove or none. Should I choose remove and click perform action with all infections? Will I remove anything important?

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
remove and click perform action with all infections - you will be OK

missa921

missa921

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you so much for your help. I'm on my way to work, so I won't post for a while. I do plan on donating for the help I recieved, and I will tell all my friends about this site. Again, thank you very much. I will post later tonight to let you know how it's going.

Thanks,
Missa

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
OK let me know. I will want a HijackThis log when this is complete.

missa921

missa921

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
This is taking forever, It will be a while b4 I can post a Hijack This log.

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
No problem - just post back when you are ready.

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please email the moderating team - be sure to include the address of the thread and the name you posted under.