Welcome to Geeks To Go
One cause for this could be that someone has put them in the startup folder on the start menu.
1. Go to start<programs<startup
2. Delete all short cuts fouun here, most prgrams that are put here are not needed and can removed it will not affect the programs in any why.
If the dose not work try
1. Start<run type msconfig.
2. On the screen that comes up chose startup.
3. You will now have a list of programs that start up with windows.
4. now you have to work which ones are the the cause of the problem. The easyest way to do this is to look at the column called command this shows where the .exe file that run that program is on the computer.
5. Now untick those that you do not what to run on start up, do not untick any that belong to your antivirus program becase this is what starts the anitvirus up when you boot, the same goes for any other program such as instant messaging programs that need to be runing, all others are not needed.
hope this helps
Edited by Michael Buckley, 02 September 2005 - 05:16 PM.