Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dont know how to descibe this?

• Please log in to reply

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Dear Helpers,
Today my internet connection was dead, so I thought of install one of these 'Clients' (Shown in the picture) Now in control panel there is a Icon called 'Netware' and now when I shutodwn or Turn on the computer all the settings are like different and it asks for a password at the start-up? I just leave blank and it works! But how can I completely uninstall this 'Client' and 'Netware'?
Thanking you Kcey,

Attached Files

• Attached File  khjk.bmp   244.79KB   280 downloads

Advertisements

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello, Kcey.

When it asks for a password at startup, does it say for a network connection, or give any other details? When you added that stuff to your network connection it may have included a network type that needs a password at startup. What kind of internet connection do you have, and what's the internet service provider, please?

Now, about removing it...was the only the you did add those, was there already possibly one of them there before? Because if you simply remove them you may risk losing internet again. Whatever the case, I suggest enabling/creating a restore point in system restore before making any further changes.

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks OwnNt,
I will create a System Restore Point. And I am on a wireless network and I think it was the Network Password! I have a 256KB BroadBand connection with a network on three computers I completely want to remove Netware and that Client!
Thanks!

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok I did create a System Restore Point! Now what?
Thanking you Kcey!

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
There are some things you can try, such as reversing the steps you did to restore internet before either

A. you lose it again (in which case you use system restore)
B. you get that fixed

I don't particularly like that method though.

Go to the "Client" you added on, make note of any checkmarks by boxes that say something such as This connection requires a password to connect (example) or something similiar. Most likely it thinks the connection you use requires a password.

"And I am on a wireless network" Just now noticed this, is your computer on wireless or hooked up physically? Do you know the name of your internet service provider? AOL, Cox, Earthlink, Verizon, etc..

Your best bet may be to call them, just to be on the safe side, it's up to you though.

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks! I will check those check-marks and I am on a wireless network using D-Link and my Provider is the same as my home phone Telstra. Thanks! Hope you can give me some further advice!
Kcey

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
These are the components I have installed
(Please look at attachment)
Kcey

Attached Files

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello, Kcey.

I'm going to ask a mod to move this thread to the networking section Here.

They are probably better suited in dealing with this as I don't want to damage your connection by accident, even with system restore.

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks OwnNT! Hopefully I will get help soon.
Thanks!
Kcey

Cryptie

Cryptie

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
What you installed is Client Services for Netware - only really useful if you happen to be on a Novell network. To remove it isn't too bad:

Click Start, Click Control Panel, Open either "Network Connections" or Network and Internet Connections"

If you had "Network Connections":
Right click on one of your connections (ie Local Area Connection) and choose properties, Select the "Client for Netware Services" by clicking on it, then choose "uninstall".

Else, If you had "Network and Internet Connections":
Open the "Network Connections" icon, and follow the above directions.

A reboot later and your welcome screen / quick logon should be restored.

Advertisements

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
But I can find that? If you look at the attachment on post number 7! I cant find any client for Netware? I can only find Client for Microsft Netork?....or is that it?
Thanks for the help?
Kcey

Cryptie

Cryptie

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I'm sorry, I believe I missed one of the posts above. What you may want to try is to install the Netware Client again, reboot, then uninstall it. If that gets rid of the Netware Icon in your control panel then that is fixed.

The next part is to turn your welcome screen back on. To do this you need to open user accounts in control panel and look for "Change the way users log on or off", make sure "Use Welcome Screen" is checked.

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Install it again? Like just install the client?
Kcey

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Bump!

Kcey

Kcey

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

If you had "Network Connections":
    Right click on one of your connections (ie Local Area Connection) and choose properties, Select the "Client for Netware Services" by clicking on it, then choose "uninstall".

View Post

I see only one with a client and that is 'Client for Microsoft Networks' Should I remoe that?
Thanks!