Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp pro virus/cleaned cant login

• Please log in to reply

tsa057

tsa057

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This one is screwed up bad! I had virus on my computer and went to clean it up with Search and Destory. It also found the PSGuard software (along with several others) and removed them. When I restarted my computer I find that I cant get by the "welcome" screen. I know that I must be missing a file or two....does anyone know and "easy" way to fix it? Also I cant seem to find the original XP pro Cd to reinstall it....not my day. I have tried to restart it safe mode but dont get much there... the system is bogged down running the svchost, explorer and msmsgs and using all the cpu up

Advertisements

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I don't think you will find an "easy" solution to your problem. :) Before you try to reinstall windows, first try to repair it. If that doesn't work, it may be a harddrive problem. :tazz:

Alex_Harris

Alex_Harris

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Was one of the items of spyware removed BlazeFind? I remember reading and printing out at work an issue from the AdAware forum about how if you removed BlazeFind you cant log into windows. It will have the accounts listed and when you click on the account it starts to load up the account with "loading personal settings" and then goes back to the account screen.

Found the link: Blazefind log in issue

Hope this helps.

PS i think you will need the OS disc because i think you have to log into the recovery console. Some machines have this built it, but that is normally branded machines.

Edited by Alex_Harris, 03 September 2005 - 01:08 AM.

tsa057

tsa057

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Alex,
Dont think there was anything called BlazeFind in the list that was deleted.... Thanks

Freddie,
I would do the repair but I dont have the original disks...Thanks

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
You mean to say, you click on user-name to login and it logs you out immediately?
If yes, refer the following M$-KB article:
http://support.micro...om/?kbid=313322.
The article asks you to contact M$-TechSupport as they have a fix for this problem.

tsa057

tsa057

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
darth_ash,

No I dont have the login / password setup... I go stright in to windows.....so I never get past the first screen that says welcome....