Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When do you think will the world end?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ah.....charlie manson

Advertisements

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
TheNotch:

I'm deeply moved by your post. You told me something that I didn't know about. I never thought that the end of the world would be so terrible.

Thank you for that. You put me on a whole new path with that one single post.

Freddie

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
If you are interested in various "end of the world" scenarios, check out:

Exit Mundi
http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

This is a pretty bizaare site.... :) :tazz:

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Thanks but no thanks. I don't believe in those so-called "Scenarios". I wanted to ask you though: Where did you get all the information from on how the world will end? The Bible?

Freddie

jen147

jen147

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Ok, so let's assume the world will end (which I believe it will) and let's assume there is a heaven and bleep (which I believe there is) and let's go one step further... let's assume that G*d is our devine creator (I testify that He is) and we all must meet Him one day to give an account of the life He gave us (according to His standards, not ours, not society's) What then????

Doesn't anyone want to be prepared? The Truth is whether we as the creation believe or not, it will never change the reality of the Creator.

After last weeks reality of death and destruction... if today were to be your day, your last on earth, are you really at peace with what will happen when you take that last breath?

Eternity is a very long time. I choose to live it in the presence of the One who formed me, sustained me, and redeemed me from my own foolishness!

God Bless New Orleans, Mississippi, Alabama and the Geeks! :tazz:

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

Thanks but no thanks. I don't believe in those so-called "Scenarios". I wanted to ask you though: Where did you get all the information from on how the world will end? The Bible?

Freddie

View Post

The information is from the Book of Revelation in the Bible. What I put down is obviously not verbatim, but more of a mix between the outline of Revelation and words put to a simpeler way of understanding.

The bible is not a storybook. It is a history book, a science book and a roadmap on how we should live our lives and it is also a book that tells the future. Everything in the bible has happened. It's historically and scientifically proven. What makes us think that since everything in it has happened what is written in the book of Revelation won't happen??

God doesn't force you to believe in Him. Thats why He gave us freewill. But think on this: would you rather live your life according to God's will and then find out when you die that there is no God or live your life outside of His will and then find out there IS a God when you die??

One thing IS for certain. The world WILL end. Regardless of anything the sun will go red giant in about 7 billion years, swallowing up Mercury, Venus, Earth and possibly Mars in the process. This cannot be stopped. The Earth will be gone. Humans will be gone LONG before that, so we won't have to worry about it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

The bible is not a storybook. It is a history book, a science book and a roadmap on how we should live our lives and it is also a book that tells the future. Everything in the bible has happened. It's historically and scientifically proven

very few things in the bible have ever been "historically" or scientifically proven.

this thread is seeming to decend into a religious arguement and or discussion...don't know about the TOS of the site...but...probably not safe ground to be treading on.....just a friendly warning

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
dsenette, many things in the bible (when i say bible i talk old testament coz i know little of the new) HAVE been scientifically disproven, but there are many scientists who have their own theories which may proove the bible correct, they just arent as popular.
(i.e. evolution is something the bible doesnt agree with, and you should note its still called Darwins THEORY of evoltion for a reason, and many studies have proven, to me anyway, that evolution is just that, a theory.)

and notch how do you define living in G-d's way, i know someppl say if you dont 'accept' Jesus, you burn (i hope your not one of those), i define G-ds way as being you live your life as best you can without hurting anyone (i think ive said this about twice before on this thread), i actually like the way the Buddhists think, all religions being a path to G-d as long as they dont believe in hurting anyone on any level.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Gotta add my 2 cents worth:

Check out Psalms 37:29 "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside FOREVER upon it."

This is a prophacy that we are awaiting. Turn back a few scripts to Psalms 37:10,11 "And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; and you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."

Some may argue that it's been saying "a little while longer" for many years, but time only has a measurement because humans have given it a measurement. What is considered "a little while" to God could be a long time for us, but the earth will remain FOREVER, and it will be turned into a paradise in the future.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 08 September 2005 - 03:52 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the only things that have been proven from the old testament were common every day things. and alot of those things that are accepted by most as "proven" are really just supported.....as to not get too terribly far into this discussion.....i'm removing myself from this thread...no offense to anyone here....i just choose to avoid the direction that this thread is definitely going in

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Hard to discuss end times without religion being included. Unless of course you subscribe to the PC world which we live in...

The bible supports history, it supports science, not the other way around...

I know there are those who will disagree. You have that right. I've said this quite a few times in my day, "I'd rather tell you the truth and make you mad rather than tell you what you want to hear." The truth making you mad is "conviction". That's a warning sign for you that your heart desires what is right in opposition to your mind which thrives on the world around you.

Again, the end will come, it's coming sooner than we think. I'm preparing myself. Call it "fire insurance" :tazz:

And to answer your question BTPH, there are six main reasons people think they are "safe" or "going to heaven":
"I'm basically a good person." (60%),
"I've never hurt anyone." (2%),
"I've tried to keep the 10 Commandments." (5%),
"I go to church." (8%),
"I believe in God." (10%),
and "I've done the best I could." (15%)

I am here to tell you that they are man-made comforts. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and NO ONE gets to the Father except through Him. Living your life respectfully is wonderful and you should be commended, but if you do not accept that Jesus Christ died for your sins, was crucified and then ressurected on the 3rd day before your time here on earth is over or before His second coming you will have sealed your fate and will live everlasting life in darkness away from God.

Let me state that what I am telling you is not notch's gospel, it's not even my personal opinion. It's what God has spoken. He makes the rules, we follow. He gave us freewill, you have a choice to accept Him or to not accept Him. Thats between you and God and NONE of us have a right to tell you otherwise. We can lay out a case for you and then you can choose. Anyone who tries to force God's will down your throat is not only turning you away but not doing God's will.

I would be extremely happy to speak with anyone who has questions about any of this. I won't cram it down your throat, but I WILL speak the truth.

Sorry if this is OT, sometimes these things happen....

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I dont particualrly like religion there is to much leeway for interpretation being a scientist i find this abhorent. I couldnt and would choose not to beleive in something which has caused so much death and guilt no matter what anyones says to the contrary religions are abused by the powerful and i dont let them into my life. Alot of the more doom and gloom sections of the bible are very much fiction designed to keep commoners in line so i would take them with a grain of salt.

The world though i a tricky thing when you say the world do you mean our planet or the place in which we live and perceive as where we are. In that case it could be anywhere there is a fair chance that human beings will not reside wholly on this planet. So if a colony in another part of space be it in station, vessel or planetery body form exists is that still a world of ours, in that case it is possible it will never end and something of us will exist forever or as near as we can perceive to be forever.

I love philosophical crap like this its such a break, nothing beats a really good discussion on the most important but completely pointless parts of life.

I laugh because should the world end it should be glorious event, i will be very dissapointed of there is not some great battle to fight or disaster to foil.

If you can not discuss the finer points of life and religion in a neutral and unrelated and unbiased place like this where can you, people should enjoy discussing there beliefs and sharing them with others alowing mutual understandng and acceptance. Anger and hatred is based upon fear and fear is from not understanding and by understanding others we learn not to fear others and not to fear life, and of course not fear the end because it comes to us all sooner or later, as well as taxes, which we should all fear and avoid where possible as they cannot be understood.

Im on the philosophical ball tonight. Why speak from the bible when you can speak from your own heart because we all contain the wisdom of our race hidden in our genes and it will speak to us when we let it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
i just read your post notch, you could explain this i found it weird how could jesus die for sins you havent commited and may never commit before you existed.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

i just read your post notch, you could explain this i found it weird how could jesus die for sins you havent commited and may never commit before you existed.

View Post

We are born with sin. The only person born without sin was Adam, and then he blew it for all of us.

Sin was not in the world at creation, it came into the world by one man, it caused death to enter the human race, and both sin and death came by Adam's transgression, and every man and woman born into the world from Adam's seed are born with a sinful nature; and because of sin, the death penalty has been passed on all of us.

An example of this thought process could go as follows: It’s been reported in the medical journals and in the newspapers that when a mother is addicted to drugs, her baby is also born a drug addict. The hospital has to give the baby the same type of drugs to which the mother is addicted until they can affect a drug cure for the infant. The innocent little baby, while even yet in its mothers womb, had nothing at all to do with bringing about its own unfortunate condition, but that in no way alters the fact that it is born with a loathsome habit.

In the same manner, because the forefather of the human race became a sin addict through willful disobedience to God, all men and women are born into the world addicted to sin. Even though we did not of our own selves have anything to do with contracting this terrible spiritual disease, this does not change the fact that we are born with it and its ultimate consequence is death. We suffer from its symptoms all through life just as a man dying of a deadly disease might experience fever, chills, and various aches and pains before the end comes. Jesus Christ came as the Great Physician to offer men a cure for sin, and He is the only Man in history of the world who was qualified to do this because He was both Man and God. Read Luke 5:31-32 which says, "Jesus answered them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.'"

Jesus Christ led a sinless life, and by doing so He WILLINGLY took all of our sin on Himself so that we could have a clean slate in God's eyes. Does this mean we can go around sinning and then repenting all over the place because of this? Absolutely not. Salvation is an appeal to God for cleansing from sin, forgiveness, and repentance so that we might not sin. Romans 6:1-2 says, "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?"

Neither the Jews nor the Romans tortured, humiliated and executed Jesus. You and I did. You and I and every person that ever lived. Had Adam never tasted that fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, Jesus' sacrifice would have been unnecessary and would have never happened (barring someone else in history would not have been tempted into sin). But just like the innocent baby in the example, we are helpless and born afflicted with this horrible stigma.

BUT, the good news is that if you accept Jesus Christ, accept that He died for our sins, conquered death and lives to this day and you live your life in a Christ-like manner, those sins have been washed clean by His blood.

Warcraft

Warcraft

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I think the world will end, but not for atleast a few years! I do beleive in the conspiracy of a asteroid or other natural hazards destroying earth! I beleive that on the 14th January 2016 we will die as a huge asteroid will hit us and the human race will come to an brink of extinction!