Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

books

• Please log in to reply

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
okay firstly i want to emphasize im a BIG reader,

lately i was at a garage sale and i picked up a copy of domain by james herbert (not to be confused with frank herbert) and it seemed interesting but i get the sense this book is part of a series and id prefer not to start untill ive read the books that came before it,

can anyone tell me the titles of the previous books (if there are any) adn which order theyre in?

also somethings been bugging me for a whiel, sbout 6 or 7 years ago i wet on a trip to see some family in israle before i left i picked up a cheap book from anewsagent, just a trash novel to read on the plane, i never got a chance to finish it because i left it on a bus in greece (long story), i dont remember the title, i dont remember the author but lately the books been comming back to me and im trying to remember the title so i can finish it.

its basically about a guy, forgot name, sometime in england (i think 16 or 1700's, i may be wrong) hes pissed off coz hes being treated badly by everyone, including the local preacher, though he has a crush/obsession on the preachers wife
anyway he discovers a portal, i think its in a mirror or a grandfather clock (pretty sure it was a clock though) he goes into a world where mankind isnt developed at all and is living in underground tunnels being hunted by creatures called the null, he meets a small tribe of them and teaches them to speak, he brings guns and teaches them ti fight, eventually they make cities, build walls to keep the null out and he becomes theyre king, he named the first person he met, first met, and he had many ocncubines who looked like the preachers wife, i think his favourite one was named jezebel (though that couldve been the wifes name, or i could be pulling it from somewhere else)

does this ring any type of bell with anyone??? ive googled for hours and im out of ideas

cheers,
ben

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I will look this up at a book forum for you, neither of your questions ring a bell to me personally but I will see if I can post a link to a book forum for you.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I will look this up at a book forum for you, neither of your questions ring a bell to me personally but I will see if I can post a link to a book forum for you.

btw, if you have no luck and are between books, I suggest stuff by Carlos Castaneda, which is a series of books, whereas if you are just looking for a book I suggest "Letters form a Stoic" by Seneca, these books are publish by Penguin so they should be easy to obtain.