Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Reader

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

duytu

duytu

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi everybody!

My PC is using WinXP SP2 and regularly updated. About 1 month ago I installed Microsoft Reader 2.11, which after 6~8 time using, failed to open and popped up the message,"The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). ..." although I had (1) duly activated it; (2) uninstalled/ended suspected 3rd party programme (including Norton Antivirus); (3) even installed WinXP SP2 anew after all else failed. The problem was always there; in the case of new WinXP installation, MS Reader opened for a few times then failed as above.

I found out that:

If I started WinXP in Safemode, then Microsoft Reader could open.
If I started WinXP in NormalMode, then ended explorer.exe from Task Bar Manager, then it could open, too. If I ran explorer.exe again after MSReader was ALREADY opened, then it continued to function.

I tried some other e-book readers, such as palmReader, Ice book, etc. which operated faultlessly, unlike Microsoft Reader!

Please kind help since I like the application (MS Reader) and want to use it very much.

Thank you in advance

Duytu

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
double post