Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blinking desktop

• Please log in to reply

carlosm1

carlosm1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
After recently removing the alemod.e.dll virus my desktop refused to run certain programs; control panel help etc. They would work in safe mode. Now all of a sudden my desktop is repeatedly blinking every couple of seconds.In safe mode it just keeps going to the "are you sure you want to run safe mode" box. Can you pleae help

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Bit of a long shot but try uninstalling then reinstalling your graphics card / display adapter.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Or even just updating your drivers from the driver's website!
RockyIV

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

After recently removing the alemod.e.dll virus my desktop refused to run certain programs; control panel help etc. They would work in safe mode. Now all of a sudden my desktop is repeatedly blinking every couple of seconds.In safe mode it just keeps going to the "are you sure you want to run safe mode" box. Can you pleae help

View Post

Hi carlosm1,

My name is Tony_1983, welcome to Geeks To Go.

If you want to make sure that your computer is completly clean from the virus that you last removed from your computer and make sure your system is clean Please Click here and follow the instructions carefully..

Edited by Tony_1983, 03 September 2005 - 11:27 PM.

krencik

krencik

• Pip
  • 2 posts
had same problem after removing the virus. I reinstalled service packe 2 and went away