Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Stop Errors

• Please log in to reply

mmboalch

mmboalch

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7]

I have read all your posts on the blue screen errors and have tried all the resolve suggestions. However, I cannot get to the command promt to type in the chkdsk/p or any other suggestions. I have changed my boot to cd; I have put in my Windows xp pro cd; It loads and checks the system and goes to starting windows. And then I am back at the blue screen again. It will not take me to a comand prompt????? I also cannot get to the recover option???I did not add any new hardware so it has to be a virus. But, I can't get into it to run any virus removers??? Are there any other ways to get to a comand promt?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Can you provide the exact error message you are getting with the BSOD? It may not be a virus, it may be a hardware failure. Cheer up- hardware problems are relatively easy to find and fix, software is not. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Johanna

Edited by Czarina, 03 September 2005 - 08:19 AM.

mmboalch

mmboalch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Stop: 0x000000ed (0x80ed4e30,0xc0000032,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Look here:
http://kadaitcha.cx/stop_err.html#ed
For UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
Does anything apply to you?

Johanna

mmboalch

mmboalch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
How can I get into the recovery console? I run my win xp pro cd and it won't go to that choice. It runs the win setup loads files and the blue screen came back acpi.sys page fault in nonpaged area????

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
It's a bit drastic, but you can try to repair or reinstall windows with your disc.

mmboalch

mmboalch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I tried to but I can't get past the windows setup loading the files it stops and goes to blue screen with this message acpi.sys page fault in nonpaged area????

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
EDIT: Unable to find accurate solution.

Edited by FreddieKrugerGuy, 03 September 2005 - 10:09 AM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
One of the moderators will be along shortly to move this thread into hardware, I'm sure. In the meantime, first rule of data recovery is "do no harm". You might decide to use another computer's XP to rescue your data files, but I wouldn't put that cd back in the non-booting system without waiting for expert advice, at the risk of accidentally corrupting any more files.

Johanna

mmboalch

mmboalch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thank you so much for helping me. I will try another cd I have a dell with its own win xp pro cd.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
some OEM prodived windows cds do not have the recovery console I've been told over the years, tho I have yet to see one.

Download the bottable recovery console

http://www.tweakxp.c...ticle36941.aspx

burn the image to a cd (NOT COPY TO CD, this is an image and needs to be burned as such).

Boot with it to get to recovery conole, then run the chkdsk /r

mmboalch

mmboalch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The file is no longer there do you have a copy you can send to me? Or do you know where another copy may be???