Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error 1935 for installing microsoft.NET framework

• Please log in to reply

cturnerlewis

cturnerlewis

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I keep getting Error 1935 when trying to install microsoft.NET framework. I have turnerd off virus protection, firewall, and windows installer. I have downloaded the dotnfx.exe and then extracted nfx.msi to my desktop, restarted and the same thing happens. All I am trying to do is install Quickbooks Pro 2005 and it can't install net.runtime without NET framework. Help, please.
Turner

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;308096

cturnerlewis

cturnerlewis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
gerryf,
I have already tried what was suggested on microsoft.com's page and it didn't help. I still get the error 1935 message when trying to install microsoft.NET framework whether it be from dotnetfx.exe or netfx.msi. I have run services.msc and turned off windows installer,mcafee, and firewall and it makes no difference. I have rebooted after doing this and it makes no difference. I don't know what else to do. Help, please.
turner

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run
regedit
<enter>

Right click HKEY_CURRENT_USERS, choose PROPERTIES...in the window that appears, you should see your account

Select it. What are the permissions? (full? Read? write?)

cturnerlewis

cturnerlewis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have full permissions.