Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

sony vaio

• Please log in to reply

sugafreee86

sugafreee86

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a pcg-v505dx sony vaio. I recently wanted to do a c: drive recovery. However when I go to start>all programs>vaio recovery wizard. I will get a message "Vaio recovery wizard cannot find partition recovery. Please restart computer" I dont know what to do. I dont have a cd to restore my computer back to factory settings.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
Take a look in My Computer and see if your hardrive is partitioned into 2 separate drives. If there's only the C drive, that means you don't have a backup drive. There should be a D drive that contains the backup files to restore you computer.

If you don't have a recovery disc, you can always get another one online from Sony.

Also, have you tried the Windows system recovery first?

As the last resort, you can always reformat Windows, but make sure you back up all you information.

sugafreee86

sugafreee86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a c and d drive. It has worked in the past i save all my items to the d drive and the c drive is reformated to factory setting. It for some reason wont work now what can I do?

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
Ok well I'm under the assumption that the Sony drive recovery is similar to the Hp drive recovery.. so if I'm wrong, someone correct me.

Anyway, drive D was supposed to be your backup drive. All the information to reformat your C drive is saved on your backup D drive. Therefore, you're not supposed to modify your D drive in anyway.

So since you did something to your D drive, the Sony drive recovery probably no longer works.