Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to select hard drive

• Please log in to reply

deleted

deleted

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I have 2 hard drives now but I don't know how to select one over the other.Is there a simple way to do this?I know very little about computers,but I did manage to install 2 hard drives and a new controller card.No big deal,if I don't know how to use them.
I have a Dell dimension xps T600r
Window XP SP2

Advertisements

deleted

deleted

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I can see both of them,double click on drive f(smaller hard drive)I just open up a new window.I need to change drive letters too.Told you I don't know much about computers,especially using 2 hard drives.Maybe this is how it works,I thought it would be different some how like setting up acounts for different members of the family.

deleted

deleted

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I jst thought I should have the 2nd hard drive as D and then the dvd and cdr as e and f.Really no problem the way it is,if I could understand how this 2 hard drive thing works.I wanted the 2nd hard for a back up.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Changing drive letters can create a problem, because the shortcuts will be wrong. Actually in XP it was changed so that D & E are assigned permanently to the optical drives to prevent shortcut problems which occur in earlier systems.

deleted

deleted

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thanks for the info about the drive letters,I'll leave them like they are.I did some research and am able to boot to either hard drive.This is what I had in mind.
Again,thanks,
Dave