Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ONLINE GAMING

• Please log in to reply

dftitans

dftitans

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:)

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone here can assist....

When I try to host online gaming, no one can join my server.

When I try to join myself via a remote server I get the following error:

Windows socket error: A connection attempt failed because the party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond (10060), on API 'connect'

I do have vonage which employs a router, but I have disconnected that and gone directly into the tower with an ethernet cable, so I know its not the router.

I called adelphia, and they say there is nothing they can do on their end, so I believe its a port that needs to be opened or maybe a service that needs to be enabled.

In any event I hope someone can help....

Thanks in advance...

Razor :tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Are you using any firewalls?

dftitans

dftitans

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi tony,

Sygate is turned off as well as windows firewall, and just in case I added an exception in the windows firewall to allow Delta Force 2... still no joy....

thanks for the reply :tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
What was the error number?

you should be able to find out using the Even veiwer.

Go to:

Start>Administrative tools>Event Viewer.

I think that it would under System. Look for the red X

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Are you connected to a router? The router will have a firewall, and it will block ports unless they are forwarded. You can also put your computer in the "free fire zone" allowing all kinds of traffic.

Edited by Tyger, 03 September 2005 - 07:27 PM.

dftitans

dftitans

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
:)

Thanks for all of your help guys. It was a router issue with the lynksys vonage router.. had to open up ports.... used the DMZ feature...

Thank you all.

Rgds/razor :tazz: