Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Just got another problem: Minutes ago I tried to open "www.geekstogo.com" and got the following message:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.geekstogo.com. Operation aborted"

Is this an Internet Explorer problem or is something else wrong.

Please advise.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hey waynf...

My IE is working just fine...although I prefer Firefox. You seem to be having a lot of IE problems. Try accessing both CWShredder and the G2G site with Firefox and see if that helps. You might head over to the Malware Forum and click the Start Here link. Following the information there, you can clear up about 70% of problems related to malware (which I suspect might be part of your problem). Then post a HijackThis log to That Forum. If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the experts there, post back to this thread.

wannabe1

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
After that is solved I recommend you use FireFox or any other browser like Netscape, Opera or Deer Park as IE is very open to attacks.
RockyIV

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Thanks to allregarding my problem. I have minutes ago tried to Update CW Shredder using IE 6 pak and encountered no difficulty. By the way, If I swing over to Firefox, what do I do with Microsoft IE. and will Firefox put a futher strain on already low memory resources( 32 Megs ram). Where can I get more iinfo on "Firefox"?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
waynf...

will Firefox put a futher strain on already low memory resources( 32 Megs ram).

Firefox requires 64MB to run so that might not work much better ... I think IE requires about the same so this might be the root of the problem. (just did a google search on older versions on mozilla and they require 64MB as well) It might just be time you put a little more RAM in your machine.

You can try Firefox, but I can't guarantee it's going to work. Download it HERE.

Regarding having both IE and Firefox on the machine...no problem. Leave the IE alone and just open the Firefox browser instead of IE.

What kind of computer is this...would you mind posting a few system specs for us?

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 10 September 2005 - 08:02 AM.