Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nail.exe, pokapoka62.exe etc. QUESTION

• Please log in to reply

MikeMan91389

MikeMan91389

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok, so I have the pokapoka62.exe virus, and a few others.

Since I can't chance connecting my computer to our network (my mom works/lives on the internet) i don't wanna go through posting my HJT log and dling ewido and stuff.

A quick question:

When I first got the pokapoka62.exe virus, I did some research, and some guy was saying that even after reformatting/delete partition, he would still get the virus as soon as he reformatted.

He said somethin like it was in the BIOS or something, i don't really know.

Anyways, if I reformat, will it get rid of the viruses?

Advertisements

MikeMan91389

MikeMan91389

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
bump, this is an easy question to answer...

is it possible to get virus's stuck in your HD that are unremovable by deleting partition, and can you get viruses in RAM?

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Hi MikeMan91389 and Welcome to Geeks to Go.

Although its technically POSSIBLE to get a virus stuck in the master boot record of a hard drive, its been a VERY long time since I or any of the staff members have seen one there. As one staff member puts it: "I haven't seen one... well, since the creation of NT." -- Which was quite a while ago.

As for getting stuck in RAM, thats a definate NO.
As long as your mom's computer is properly protected and updated, there shouldn't be any chance of infecting her by connecting to download Ewido and post a HijackThis log here.

BUT, if you insist on formatting, then YES, the virus will be deleted along with everything else.