Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

multiple xp

• Please log in to reply

mh0071

mh0071

• Pip
  • 3 posts
How do I tell if I actually have two different XP's installed? I did the edit in sys recovery to remove one from the bott-up, but does this delete one, or just hide it when I boot? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Is that even possible??? Having more than one OS on one PC????

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Yes RockyIV,

Im sure it can be possible, I think that they call it dual boot. :tazz:

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Oh Thanks Tony!

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Welcome

Xorgroth

Xorgroth

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Yeah, very very possible almost the same as dual booting is Multiboot. Though, I've looked through it a bit, wouldn't be possible to have two XP systems on one drive, you can have XP and let's say 9x on there, if you had like a theme manager on before it can have two different XP lines and such...might appear as two XPs.

mh0071

mh0071

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I do have 2 different drives.

pogonici

pogonici

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

How do I tell if I actually have two different XP's installed? I did the edit in sys recovery to remove one from the bott-up, but does this  delete one, or just hide it when I boot? Thanks in advance.

View Post

it will only hide one.
u can check if u have 2 OS on ure puter by looking into that "boot.ini" file form ure c drive.

Pogo