Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playing media files directly from IE

• Please log in to reply

jemoto

jemoto

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Would very much appreciate some help: after an infection and subsequent cleanup my IE no longer plays media files (wmv, avi, mp3, etc.) directly from hyperlinks in the browser. I found a file extension reg fix, but only for mpg, which now works, but the rest, when clicked, only display the usual "This page can not be displayed."

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Xorgroth

Xorgroth

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Lets see if I can remember IE at all, use firefox way more often.....wmv is Win Media Player, so either the media player isn't associated with the files or the media player isn't configured right, can only think of reinstalling win media.
Just thought of maybe checking what your multimedia settings on the advanced tab in your internet options section..... :tazz: