Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti Virus/Internet Security Programs

• Please log in to reply

Zamuel

Zamuel

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey All, and good morning from Australia(12:40pm) at the I am living my life up by spending mass hours on the computer... Anyways I just thought "Dam, I need a new anti virus/internet security program". By the way, I just found this site and its pretty dam awesome :thumbsup:
So anyway I was thinking about antivirus/internet security programs and all I could think of was Symantec Norton’s. I can remember some people I know saying Mcafee and all these other programs. So my question is "What is the best antivirus/internet security program out there". If you own or have any good programs you think are worth a shout then post up...... :tazz: ;)

Sayonara and Goodnight

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
IMO Kaspersky Anti-Virus is the best, however I don't have it on my system because it's a resource hog.

Noton is very good, but like Internet Explorer, and Windows, it's popularity has made it a target of many malware. It seems too easy to disable, and can be difficult to get working again once it's been corrupted. It catches most threats, and is the easiest on your system's resources.

Based on the logs we see, McAfee seems the worse. Many systems come preloaded with 90 days free. I suspect many users don't purchase the subscription for definitions, and that's why we see so many problems with it.

We usually recommend AVG's Free Version. They offer the previous generation of their software. The latest version is available for purchase. It works very well, has automatic definition updates, and it's free!

Most important is to have antivirus software on every system, and keep it updated! You can find a list of programs here.

Zamuel

Zamuel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Do you think it would be reasonable to run Nortans Internet Security 2005 and AVG?