Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

bs-vod

bs-vod

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
For the past few months I have been having a problem with safe mode. After a few minutes in Safe Mode the computer completely freezes up. I am currently getting help in another forum to remove malware. I was instructed to run hijackthis in safe mode. I don't know if it is how long you are in safe mode or how many things you are doing but sure enough, after runnuing Hijackthis and checking about 5 items of to fix, it froze. Plese help, safe mode is a helpful tool but when it is causing the computer to freeze it makes things worse to fix other problems.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you mean another forum then please go here:

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

Any changes you try before the malware is removed are unlikely to work

pogonici

pogonici

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

For the past few months I have been having a problem with safe mode. After a few minutes in Safe Mode the computer completely freezes up. I am currently getting help in another forum to remove malware.  I was instructed to run hijackthis in safe mode.  I don't know if it is how long you are in safe mode or how many things you are doing but sure enough, after runnuing Hijackthis and checking about 5 items of to fix, it froze.  Plese help, safe mode is a helpful tool but when it is causing the computer to freeze it makes things worse to fix other problems.

View Post

Hey u might solve this prob but is not a very easy task. U'll need several tools prepared at ure fingertips before doing anything.
I'll tell u what tools I would use and which are steps I would take in ure place.
1. u have 2 know what progs are launched at start-up. A great (free) tool is Startup Control Pannel
www.mlin.net
2. ure preferred antispy
3. ure preferred antivirus

Steps:
1. open task manager (And leave it open all time durin cleaning procedure)
2. KILL EXPLORER. y?: because a lot of spy / virii link files in explorer. When u try 2 get rid of those pests, u will get only a false "cleaning".
3. kill all "strange" processes form process list
4. open startup control pannel and remove from starting area what is not a approved apps.
5. try 2 run ure preferred antispy / antivirus
6. reboot puter

hope it will help u.
Pogo

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

For the past few months I have been having a problem with safe mode. After a few minutes in Safe Mode the computer completely freezes up. I am currently getting help in another forum to remove malware.  I was instructed to run hijackthis in safe mode.  I don't know if it is how long you are in safe mode or how many things you are doing but sure enough, after runnuing Hijackthis and checking about 5 items of to fix, it froze.  Plese help, safe mode is a helpful tool but when it is causing the computer to freeze it makes things worse to fix other problems.

View Post

Hi bs-vod,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

With the problem that you have with your computer, please follow Keith's directions :tazz: